• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

New AD Thread

13 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

To me is actually kind of sad how little these people make considering the work they are (supposed to be) doing. Any C-suite that oversees a comparable-sized private company is making millions no questions asked. Note I said supposed to be - in general, I imagine most people in this line of work are higher ed bureaucrats - not motivated by results.

With that in mind, we need to consider who does this type of work - someone not as motivated by money or had already made it.

You look for two types of people:

• someone young at a smaller program who has shown success winning and building facilities in revenue sport.
    • uses technology, new innovative ways of approaching an issue, and efficiency to beat their peers
    • like for the love of god find some creative way to get us out of flo
  • someone who has already made their money, has a connection to Towson, and is ready to 'retire' from whatever hectic job they have now
    • not going to move as fast but has money and connections. wants more out of towson then just a paycheck

40 minutes ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

I wonder how much money it takes to just buy our way onto the committee like full-on P5 style? 😁

I’ve got $1.98 in loose change I found lying around. I say we pool our vast resources and get on the committee!!😆

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, El Tigre Oro said:

How Woke will this committee be?

I have the same concern.  I want the best person to get the job, regardless of ethnicity and/ or gender. If the best candidate is a progressive Aleutian transgender dwarf, wonderful, make the hire. What I don’t want to see happen is that factors unrelated to who’s the most qualified will come into play, in the names of “diversity” and “inclusion.”  I think it would be naive to think that the search committee doesn’t realize it’s selection will be scrutinized by some (including those who have no ties to TU) who won’t be happy if the new AD doesn’t check off certain boxes important to them 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

I have the same concern.  I want the best person to get the job, regardless of ethnicity and/ or gender. If the best candidate is a progressive Aleutian transgender dwarf, wonderful, make the hire. What I don’t want to see happen is that factors unrelated to who’s the most qualified will come into play, in the names of “diversity” and “inclusion.”  I think it would be naive to think that the search committee doesn’t realize it’s selection will be scrutinized by some (including those who have no ties to TU) who won’t be happy if the new AD doesn’t check off certain boxes important to them 

3 hours ago, El Tigre Oro said:

How Woke will this committee be?

Very. As well the new AD. boxes to check off are more important than your resume 

8 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Very. As well the new AD. boxes to check off are more important than your resume 

We’re a state funded institution, in arguably the most progressive state in the country. Under these circumstances, it’s not a stretch to think that the path of least resistance for the university President (who has a vested interest in appeasing as many people as possible, in order to maintain her position) will be to make a hire that avoids the ire of certain noisy factions. We can only hope that the selectee is truly qualified, though if that’s the case it may be nothing more than a happy coincidence 

Just now, RundaPower said:
4 hours ago, TSU88 said:

We’re a state funded institution, in arguably the most progressive state in the country. Under these circumstances, it’s not a stretch to think that the path of least resistance for the university President (who has a vested interest in appeasing as many people as possible, in order to maintain her position) will be to make a hire that avoids the ire of certain noisy factions. We can only hope that the selectee is truly qualified, though if that’s the case it may be nothing more than a happy coincidence 

100% agree