Jump to content
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

New AD Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Tgr4life said:

Sorry ..............Elon

We’ll, I can tell you that our budget is over $8mm more than Elons budget.  Tim Leonard is making $300k++.  Elon is NOT paying their AD more than Towson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tgr4life said:

I really think we need someone who "knows who Towson is". We should not be worried about keeping up with the Joneses. We need to be the best we can be for who we are. That does not mean accepting mediocrity. We need to get folks in places who know how to maximize the resources we have. We also need someone who the name "Towson", means something to, beyond just a step toward their next job. I know many of you like Waddell, but the financial position he put Towson in (and he was gone by the time the S*** hit the fan) made the next persons job more than difficult. While Waddell had many positives, he clearly was going to be gone and what he did here was more superficial than anything else. We should use the change that has been made at WElson as an example. Their AD has done an amazing job, and from my understanding, the only reason he is not at Towson is because we would not meet his price tag. Had we done so, we would have made up the difference several times over. 

That person is hard to find, but clearly worth the time and money in the search. Go with the interim until you find the right person...it may take longer than you would hope and cause some minor difficulties along the way, but we need a long term answer. 

Being the NC State to UNC or Michigan State to Michigan as Dr. Caret proposed will never happen. Being Baltimore's College Team is a great slogan, but in reality makes little difference. Baltimore is a city where people are more proud of the high school they went to rather than Towson University. I don't know how to do it, which is why I am not an AD......., but there is a mixture of fiscal responsibility, student athlete experience and pubic relations that no one has found yet....and when you find that person who understands what it takes, be ready to pay. 

Agree with a lot what you’re saying. Elon AD made some bad hires early on but his last couple in hoops and football have paid off. New arena too. Their old gym was literally a church with pews lol. 
I don’t mind people using Towson as a stepping stone. That means they accomplished something (hopefully) here. Would rather that than stagnant mediocrity(if that). Looking at you Pat and Rob

 

2 hours ago, RundaPower said:

We’ll, I can tell you that our budget is over $8mm more than Elons budget.  Tim Leonard is making $300k++.  Elon is NOT paying their AD more than Towson.

In 2018 Elon AD made 285k. In 2019 Tim Leonard made 280k

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Agree with a lot what you’re saying. Elon AD made some bad hires early on but his last couple in hoops and football have paid off. New arena too. Their old gym was literally a church with pews lol. 
I don’t mind people using Towson as a stepping stone. That means they accomplished something (hopefully) here. Would rather that than stagnant mediocrity(if that). Looking at you Pat and Rob

 

In 2018 Elon AD made 285k. In 2019 Tim Leonard made 280k

Where did your  salary information come from? Remember,  the state is reporting base salaries.  $12k auto, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

Yep, total compensation is quite different.  Elon AD is making less than TL. 

Where did your  salary information come from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets not take our eye off the ball and start talking compensation. Lets talk about accomplishments. I only used Elon as one example. We need to find the right fit for Towson. BTW, longevity does not equal mediocrity. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. That is the talk of those finding the new AD.......find the one that does not. If it was easy, it would have been done already. It is a tough job. That is why Schatzel's choice of "searchers" is as important as any part of the process. I know nothing of the two mentioned, so I cant speak to that. I think it would be great if she had a "regular" fan.....not big donor...not someone who is beholding to anyone other than those who want to come and watch competitive sports.....JUST A FAN.........as part of the committee.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

Lets not take our eye off the ball and start talking compensation. Lets talk about accomplishments. I only used Elon as one example. We need to find the right fit for Towson. BTW, longevity does not equal mediocrity. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. That is the talk of those finding the new AD.......find the one that does not. If it was easy, it would have been done already. It is a tough job. That is why Schatzel's choice of "searchers" is as important as any part of the process. I know nothing of the two mentioned, so I cant speak to that. I think it would be great if she had a "regular" fan.....not big donor...not someone who is beholding to anyone other than those who want to come and watch competitive sports.....JUST A FAN.........as part of the committee.

Hopefully the search committee won’t be stacked with “yes men/yes women” who are her stooges 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Hopefully the search committee won’t be stacked with “yes men/yes women” who are her stooges 

Fran Soitzman is his own man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Footer title

This content can be configured within your theme settings in your ACP. You can add any HTML including images, paragraphs and lists.

Footer title

This is an example of a list.

Footer title

This content can be configured within your theme settings in your ACP. You can add any HTML including images, paragraphs and lists.

Footer title

This content can be configured within your theme settings in your ACP. You can add any HTML including images, paragraphs and lists.

×