• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Holden leads MBB over Penn 76-61

13 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Right, including that bad Virginia team we played twice. Losing to Pitt 63-59 in 2017-18, losing to SEC Florida by six two years ago. UVa has destroyed us twice (73-42 in 2018-19; 89-54 last year). Losing to Maryland by 71-66 in 2016-17 when we were up DD. That was the most painful loss.

Bottom line is that we are getting closer, but not there yet. Getting Cam Holden is a start, but he won't be here forever. If we can somehow let him lead us and put the ball in the basket when he feeds you.

I Was at the Maryland game... Should have been a W

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/basketball/bs-sp-towson-mens-basketball-penn-20211123-rifafhumzralnpy4vi3auiz5nq-story.html

Some quotes from Skerry

“We need them to,” he said. “We think they’re high-level players. [Assistant coach] Pat O’Connell did a tremendous job recruiting and finding out about Cam Holden. He’s a guy that we hadn’t recruited before, and we just jumped on him, and Pat really deserves all the credit.

“The other three transfers [Nolan Jr., junior power forward Chase Paar, and senior guard Antonio Rizzuto], I like to say we unsuccessfully recruited them [in high school], and as far as Terry and Chase went, we failed and I failed. With Antonio [Rizzuto], we failed to evaluate properly. So we were lucky to get those guys.”

Terry Nolan

“Just staying with it, just playing my basketball,” he said of his outing. “I’m going to have highs, and I’m going to have lows. It’s college basketball. I’ve kind of been through it. So I know that I have to stay consistent. I knew that my team needed me today. So I just had to step up.”

“I saw I was having a good game, had the hot hand,” he said. “My shots were falling, I was having good looks, and my teammates just trusted me.”