• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

CAA Football news

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Jesus. Caa was on life support. Just pull the plug.  Umbc? Lol really 

shoot big and get some good hoops teams 

Did you apply to be the new A.D? You have lots of opinions but do you have the answers!

54 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Did you apply to be the new A.D? You have lots of opinions but do you have the answers!

Right nobody has answers. They just shoot down every idea or thing the CAA does. We have Flo Sports. We’re not getting anybody from the A10 or Conference USA. We’re lucky to get Stony Brook and Monmouth. Davidson and Richmond and St Bonnys and VCU were playing on ESPN 2 and U last night. We can’t compete with that.

And am I thrilled with Hampton? No. I guess they wanted another school from Virginia. It could have been worse. They could have gone after Longwood.

This is the mess most of the Presidents and Joe D put us in. You have to give a little to get more publicity. Or get paid by Flo and get your 17 games a year on CBS Sports.

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

Message board.  Place for opinions. None of us are paid to have these answers (minus a few people who do work for TU) here.

No one was expecting to poach A10 schools or even socon (which has passed us by). But Hampton and Howard?!  We are excited by that??  Their facilities and records speak for themselves.  However Howard is a very good school and raises the academics of the league. 

Monmouth and stony Brook are good adds for all sports.  Stony is a solid hoops program, had a good baseball run a few years ago and plays lacrosse which I also believe is a good program. Monmouth is a NE school so it also probably plays niche lacrosse.  They have a small one sided football stadium with zero room for expansion.  Both of these schools have nice arenas. 

Winthrop, uncg, Campbell, NC A&T all would be better adds than Hampton and Howard  

If we went 14 for hoops ideally would have been:

North:

Northeastern. Vermont

Hofstra. Stony Brook

Monmouth. Drexel. 

Delaware.  South:  Towson

William & Mary. UNCW

Elon. UNCG

Charleston. Winthrop  

Good teams. Close travel partners (only 2 over 3 hour drives) my

Who knows that we haven’t gone after those schools and got turned down? I heard UNCG was a possibility at one point. Maybe it still is. My assumption is Hampton replaces JMU next season, then they add Monmouth, and StonyBrook the following year and one NC school.

Vermont is probably married to the America East for travel reasons and hockey has to stay with Maine and UNH.