• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB thread 2021-22

29 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Thanks. I was looking for something with matchups dates and brackets. They are playing in a very nice new arena 

I’m tempted to go, since it’s after (barely) Thanksgiving. Also thinking about the game in Chicago, but not sure if a trip to the Windy City in December is a good idea 

• Like 1

One of the better suggestions I saw today, I think it was from the D1 schedule twitter guy, said how schools should schedule a home-and-home in-season series so they can each benefit and they fill 2 spots on the schedule rather than just 1.  I'd imagine in future years with Pat not being able to get some of these other scaredy-cats to come to our place that this could be a potential solution.  It's pretty dumb that we're gonna have to do so much road work in the non-con this season.  Hopefully the price tags are decent.

And now UMASS is on board…at their place…because heaven forbid that a 3rd-rate A-10 team goes on the road anywhere.  At least we’ll be fully tested when conference season begins. Football got to the final game on the back of a monster road record.  It’s time for basketball to do the same.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

One of the better suggestions I saw today, I think it was from the D1 schedule twitter guy, said how schools should schedule a home-and-home in-season series so they can each benefit and they fill 2 spots on the schedule rather than just 1.  I'd imagine in future years with Pat not being able to get some of these other scaredy-cats to come to our place that this could be a potential solution.  It's pretty dumb that we're gonna have to do so much road work in the non-con this season.  Hopefully the price tags are decent.

This was suggested earlier. Would be nice to do and needs to really be considered. When we suck we get shitty home games. When we are good we get shitty home games. When we are middling the best we can do at home is a lower level a10 team.  At some point something needs to change. Other programs do it. 

Either play slop at home or play decent quality on the road.  This team needs to be challenged so by playing in the road and not wasting time at home against awful local teams, is a good thing. 

3 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

And now UMASS is on board…at their place…because heaven forbid that a 3rd-rate A-10 team goes on the road anywhere.  At least we’ll be fully tested when conference season begins. Football got to the final game on the back of a monster road record.  It’s time for basketball to do the same.  

Marcus Camby may be in attendance!!!

17 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Marcus Camby may be in attendance!!!

Forget Camby, how about Julius Erving? I hear he had a nickname. What was it again? Dr. J or something 

• Like 1

Frank Martin has brought in two of the top four freshman A10 recruits, and loaded up in the transfer portal. UMass will be a formidable opponent

1 hour ago, TUvet said:

Frank Martin has brought in two of the top four freshman A10 recruits, and loaded up in the transfer portal. UMass will be a formidable opponent

And there's the connection. Former South Carolina coach plays H&H with Towson, run by former South Carolina Assoc. AD.

• Like 1