• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB thread 2021-22

The CAA as a whole looks to have a very nice schedule this year. There are still some non d1s sprinkled in and a few of the new programs are barnstorming for some pay days but overall very solid. Hopefully we can all show well in the OOC portion. 

4 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Tough ending 

I was thinking the same thing. Having to finish up on the road at C of C and UNCW is no walk in the park, especially if conference tournament seeding is at stake 

7 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I was thinking the same thing. Having to finish up on the road at C of C and UNCW is no walk in the park, especially if conference tournament seeding is at stake 

We already have the toughest caa schedule out of the other preseason competitors, so might as well finish up tough too

Still weird to see NC A&T and Hampton on a conference schedule. For some reason Monmouth and Stony Brook seem more natural. In Stony Brook's case because they are already on the football schedule, and in Monmouth they just seem like a natural fit for the conference. I do think NC A&T will be good for football. 

Overall, this is pretty solid schedule and I do agree that UNC-W and Charleston is a tough way to finish. 

Anybody know the formula for playing certain CAA teams (UNCW, Elon, Stony Brook, Hampton) just once? Will other schools rotate into those single-game slots year to year? Will some natural rivals (U-Del) always be played twice a season?

9 hours ago, TigerFan54 said:

Anybody know the formula for playing certain CAA teams (UNCW, Elon, Stony Brook, Hampton) just once? Will other schools rotate into those single-game slots year to year? Will some natural rivals (U-Del) always be played twice a season?

It’s the caa.  They just throw at a dart board at the offices in Richmond haha. 
I’d take Delaware Drexel and Wm every year. Also wouldn’t mind Uncw and Charleston x2. Need to play the best and best (most obnoxious fan bases)