• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB thread 2021-22

I watched a D2 player who is 5’10” come to USF from Central Washington and thrive.  
Our new big is gonna be fine and thrive.  

Edited by Bay Area Tiger

Good article. Point guard and sekou’s game translating to this level/fitting in are the biggest question marks. Can cam shoot enough to get minutes at 3? With Charles and sekou in the front court?

Conways long lay-off is concerning. Hicks will probably play a lot more early in the year 

With knowing Conway hasn’t played a ton of live game action in a couple years I’d think they’d schedule an extra scrimmage/exhibition in to get him more live game action. 

To me it’s all about how this team gels and if they have that same chip on their shoulder. If they come in over confident that they’re just gonna roll over everyone because we had a little taste of success last year they’re going to be shell shocked and the results will be disappointing. 

They’ve all been saying the right things but let’s hope they prove it starting in November. 

4 hours ago, griggey20 said:

With knowing Conway hasn’t played a ton of live game action in a couple years I’d think they’d schedule an extra scrimmage/exhibition in to get him more live game action. 

To me it’s all about how this team gels and if they have that same chip on their shoulder. If they come in over confident that they’re just gonna roll over everyone because we had a little taste of success last year they’re going to be shell shocked and the results will be disappointing. 

They’ve all been saying the right things but let’s hope they prove it starting in November. 

I can’t see this team not being hungry again.   We didn’t DANCE and they all know this.  Our team and entire fanbase has a chip on their shoulder still.  
I don’t remember one game last season where this core of players didn’t play hard and fight to get the win.  We are still the “hunters” in my opinion!  Rocky 2!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

I can’t see this team not being hungry again.   We didn’t DANCE and they all know this.  Our team and entire fanbase has a chip on their shoulder still.  
I don’t remember one game last season where this core of players didn’t play hard and fight to get the win.  We are still the “hunters” in my opinion!  Rocky 2!

What fanbase?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Ay Caramba! How come getting D2 players only works out when CofC does it?

Perhaps C of C is better at talent evaluation?🤔

3 hours ago, Blounge said:

https://collegeinsider.com/mens-mid-major-top-25

somewhat surprised we are still on the list after our last outing. Need to get gibby healthy fast

Yeah really between the poor schedule and 3 losses I am surprised as well.

3 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Perhaps C of C is better at talent evaluation?🤔

Hmm what makes your say that?!? 🤣🤣🤣. Of course they are.  Their best shooter was offered by one school coming out of Australia… Winthrop and he then followed Kelsey to the low country 

4 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Yeah really between the poor schedule and 3 losses I am surprised as well.

Hmm what makes your say that?!? 🤣🤣🤣. Of course they are.  Their best shooter was offered by one school coming out of Australia… Winthrop and he then followed Kelsey to the low country 

I’m still seething over the Navy game, so I’ll take the bait…who on staff advocated for signing a certain DII transfer on our squad, who appears to be on his way to avg about 6ppg. And has anyone seen our freshman recruit Williamson? I think I saw him on a milk carton the other day, but that’s about it. 

• Haha 1