• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB thread 2021-22

Would be interesting in a year or so if they go into a flex schedule model like maybe conference usa did a few years ago where the last 4 games are 1-5. 6-10. Etc so our better teams can get a boost playing stronger teams.

I do like playing Wm Delaware and drexel twice every year.  Too bad hofstra and Charleston weren’t replaced twice by Monmouth and Hampton 😂

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

FWIW. I wonder if we pursued playing MD or not 

4447C7FF-803D-43A4-A42B-8774E1521B06.png

I'm sure we pursued everybody in the Western Hemisphere. Again, why would Maryland play us? We finished 71, which was 19 points ahead of Maryland in the Net Rankings with three all conference players back. UMBC is 233 and Coppin was 301. It doesn't benefit them to play us. 

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

They are scared to play us because we went to college park and had them on the ropes up 10 in the 2nd half. They think it’s embarrassing if they don’t blow us out

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Lol that won’t happen again for a while. Twerps only play bad non conference opponents 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Lol that won’t happen again for a while. Twerps only play bad non conference opponents 

I would give Kevin Williard a bit of the benefit of the doubt. Dr. Steve went there so I knew he's working on getting them to play us in the future or at least a DHer in Bmore. Turgeon set that weak schedule for years. We can't really get anybody to play us. A lot of teams that are a lot better than Maryland. And they won't be very good this season. I guess it's a nice problem to have.

12 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Well central Penn (d2) was added to our schedule.  Ughhh why?!

Need to pad the win column and maybe give the bench guys some time to play