• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB thread 2021-22

9 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

10 days off and didn’t shoot it well tonight. 18% from 3 when usually shoot 38%. Killed on the offensive boards.   
Hofstra has some close losses.  Get this one over Muss!!!

Pride have to be considered the favorite going into caa play. Played a real tough ooc schedule (along with Elon).   Caa teams 1-7 could have anyone win it. 8 and 9 are both pretty poor 

• Like 1

What happened to USF?

Big win for Speedy and Hofstra. They’ve have not been that great in non-conference play. They had just lost to Stony Brook by 17.

8 hours ago, mat1992 said:

What happened to USF?

Big win for Speedy and Hofstra. They’ve have not been that great in non-conference play. They had just lost to Stony Brook by 17.

Ok I get. Don’t mention USF again.  God forbid.  I’m a Towson fan who lives in SF raising kids who follow USF.  They had 10 days off and came back against a legit Grand Canyon team on the road in no shooting rhythm.  
Hofstra was 20-23 from the line yesterday. Huge CAA win.  

1 minute ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Ok I get. Don’t mention USF again.  God forbid.  I’m a Towson fan who lives in SF raising kids who follow USF.  They had 10 days off and came back against a legit Grand Canyon team on the road in no shooting rhythm.  

General MBB thread.  See no problem with you talking about another team.  Was hoping they won out for a while longer to make our loss look better.  Long delays are tough, as we are about to learn..

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

General MBB thread.  See no problem with you talking about another team.  Was hoping they won out for a while longer to make our loss look better.  Long delays are tough, as we are about to learn..

Yeah my initial response was to your Duke comment about playing mid majors and the WCC overall but whatever.  We played USF back to back now and if my source is correct again in 2023 or 2024 due to the strong relationship PS has with Golden so mentioning is truly not a big deal.  
They were once a prominent program that suspended themselves after the Quintin Daily allegations and except for 1998 never has returned to greatness.  To go 10-0 to start has been amazing with a coach who just may land higher than a PAC 12 gig. Todd Golden is a geek ball analytics guru.   
Considering the changes PS has made this season and it has worked..  maybe playing USF last season influenced him.  
Both teams are gonna go far in conference play so it’s a win win for me.  

Edited by Bay Area Tiger

25 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Yeah my initial response was to your Duke comment about playing mid majors and the WCC overall but whatever.  We played USF back to back now and if my source is correct again in 2023 or 2024 due to the strong relationship PS has with Golden so mentioning is truly not a big deal.  
They were once a prominent program that suspended themselves after the Quintin Daily allegations and except for 1998 never has returned to greatness.  To go 10-0 to start has been amazing with a coach who just may land higher than a PAC 12 gig. Todd Golden is a geek ball analytics guru.   
Considering the changes PS has made this season and it has worked..  maybe playing USF last season influenced him.  
Both teams are gonna go far in conference play so it’s a win win for me.  

Wcc teams luck out geographically and get more pac 12 teams as there’s not as many schools west of Texas.

Hofstra flew out yesterday morning and won without their best player; Semi road game. Yeah they lost to sb but should have beaten Maryland and yacked up win against Houston. They can score and have more depth than in the past

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Wcc teams luck out geographically and get more pac 12 teams as there’s not as many schools west of Texas.

Hofstra flew out yesterday morning and won without their best player; Semi road game. Yeah they lost to sb but should have beaten Maryland and yacked up win against Houston. They can score and have more depth than in the past

Great point and coupled with coaches like Dana Altman who despite struggling in non conference will continue to play mid majors but Oregon has all the $$$ and he has job security there.  Bobby Hurley may be in trouble though.  Kyle Smith at WASU is playing mid majors home and away… quite refreshing. 

2 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Just busting balls. You love USF and we get it, but when you constantly pump them up to Duke-like comparisons this is going to happen. And while I think they are a very good team, I wonder how we would have done with those three players.