• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB thread 2021-22

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Going to be interesting to see which, if any, of the members of the last 2 recruiting classes (Jones, Bieku, Gill & Coleman) return next season. None of them are getting any significant minutes & if PS is going to bring in 1 or 2 guys from the portal, the roster has to be pared, with the 2 freshmen (Williamson & May) already coming on board. I know Gray is in his last season, but I’ve lost track of whether Rizzuto, Nolan & Holden have eligibility beyond this season. Also, as we all know, Timberlake has been around quite awhile, so will he be back? 

Gray is gone. Nolan probably will leave (has a kid), but could return. Holden and Rizzuto can return. Timberlake has one more year left, though I guess he technically could be a sophomore since had a redshirt year due to injury, then won Sixth Man of the year and last year everyone had a redshirt season. Gibson should have two more years after this one. 

Gray's scholarship didn't count. So we have Nolan and Holland's scholarships available. After that, who knows who will leave, though the guys that don't play much are obviously candidates. 

7 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Gray is gone. Nolan probably will leave (has a kid), but could return. Holden and Rizzuto can return. Timberlake has one more year left, though I guess he technically could be a sophomore since had a redshirt year due to injury, then won Sixth Man of the year and last year everyone had a redshirt season. Gibson should have two more years after this one. 

Gray's scholarship didn't count. So we have Nolan and Holland's scholarships available. After that, who knows who will leave, though the guys that don't play much are obviously candidates. 

I totally forgot about Holland. So I guess technically at this point that May & Williamson take Gray & Holland’s ships. So, if PS dips into the portal pool for 1-2 guys, that would mean 1-2 guys already on the team would be departing. I’d like to see Nolan, Holden, Rizzuto and Timberlake all return, but obviously each will make the decision they feel is in their best interests 

Edited by TSU88
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I totally forgot about Holland. So I guess technically at this point that May & Williamson take Gray & Holland’s ships. So, if PS dips into the portal pool for 1-2 guys, that would mean 1-2 guys already on the team would be departing. I’d like to see Nolan, Holden, Rizzuto and Timberlake all return, but obviously each will make the decision they feel is in their best interests 

Rizzuto and Timberlake, barring anything unforseen, are not going anywhere. Antonio is here to play closer to home being from York (unless he wants to just graduate and move on) and unless Nic wants to go back to Boston, I'm assuming he's playing at least one more year as long as he's getting playing time. Nolan is more about moving on and trying to make $$$ for his family. I'd like to have him back as well, but I understand if you already have a degree and possibly two, why not start to make some cash either playing ball or doing something else?

On 1/14/2022 at 10:19 AM, sr16 said:

We have seen this song and dance before. We all know it comes down to March. 

Sounds like you have Skerryitis....very contagious disease

• Like 1
  • Haha 1