• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB thread 2021-22

18 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Just busting balls. You love USF and we get it, but when you constantly pump them up to Duke-like comparisons this is going to happen. And while I think they are a very good team, I wonder how we would have done with those three players.

Stop.  Never pumped up to Duke like.  That would be Gonzaga.  
USF has a legit NBA draft pick in Bouyea and luckily Golden was able to add “3” transfers this season who all start.  So pumping up cause this is his last hurrah before he is stolen away by a Power 5 conference and they legitimately can make the dance as an at large bid.  If they don’t make the Dance then this is a failed season in my opinion.   
Would have loved to see Towson play at full strength against them and who knows if they cross paths later on this season..  can never say never.  
You are just an old curmudgeon who is a suffering Towson fan like the rest of us..  not sure why you have a bone to pick with me.  I have supported you on this board and thanked you for all your insights.  We’ve never met in person so not sure why you feel the need to break my balls?

Enough said. 

5 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Stop.  Never pumped up to Duke like.  That would be Gonzaga.  
USF has a legit NBA draft pick in Bouyea and luckily Golden was able to add “3” transfers this season who all start.  So pumping up cause this is his last hurrah before he is stolen away by a Power 5 conference and they legitimately can make the dance as an at large bid.  If they don’t make the Dance then this is a failed season in my opinion.   
Would have loved to see Towson play at full strength against them and who knows if they cross paths later on this season..  can never say never.  
You are just an old curmudgeon who is a suffering Towson fan like the rest of us..  not sure why you have a bone to pick with me.  I have supported you on this board and thanked you for all your insights.  We’ve never met in person so not sure why you feel the need to break my balls?

Enough said. 

Calm down. We’re about the same age. I have no bone to pick with you. I didn’t know you were that sensitive towards USF so I apologize. There’s another poster who talks about Virginia a lot so I got on him when they lost to UMBC.

I don’t talk about the other teams I like on this board, because I know people don’t care. I also never called you a name.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Calm down. We’re about the same age. I have no bone to pick with you. I didn’t know you were that sensitive towards USF so I apologize. There’s another poster who talks about Virginia a lot so I got on him when they lost to UMBC.

I don’t talk about the other teams I like on this board, because I know people don’t care. I also never called you a name.

We are all curmudgeons on this board for the most part.  That wasn’t a knock on you.   That’s the truth!   Decades of losing will cause that and more importantly knowing that Towson easily could have been the Gonzaga of the East in basketball if they played their cards right in my opinion. 
We need more fresh blood like Tigers2012 to balance things out.  
I wish you would talk more about your Terrapins…    Navy game is not until Wednesday.  

58 minutes ago, El Tigre Oro said:

CAA may be way better than we originally thought?

Top half is decent but there are some bad teams  too. This was the first signature win

11 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

We are all curmudgeons on this board for the most part.  That wasn’t a knock on you.   That’s the truth!   Decades of losing will cause that and more importantly knowing that Towson easily could have been the Gonzaga of the East in basketball if they played their cards right in my opinion. 
We need more fresh blood like Tigers2012 to balance things out.  
I wish you would talk more about your Terrapins…    Navy game is not until Wednesday.  

Agree with fresh blood part, but more like 2012? Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Make no mistake…. If and when Towson dances I’ll be there and buying you and 2012 and the rest of this board drinks..   in Dayton or Portland or Des Moines… makes no difference.  We may differ at times but we are Towson and I always have your backs.  Again we couldn’t do any of this discussion when I attended.   Luxury really now with Spiro reports, this board and the rest of the social media we have.  Imagine if we had this kind of access when Kurk Lee was playing!!

1 hour ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Make no mistake…. If and when Towson dances I’ll be there and buying you and 2012 and the rest of this board drinks..   in Dayton or Portland or Des Moines… makes no difference.  We may differ at times but we are Towson and I always have your backs.  Again we couldn’t do any of this discussion when I attended.   Luxury really now with Spiro reports, this board and the rest of the social media we have.  Imagine if we had this kind of access when Kurk Lee was playing!!

I’ll be there too whenever, whenever.  Been saving for ncaas since college. I got a pretty penny saved by now LOL

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

You do. Keep it real and not so positive when things are bad .. 

We really need more people from the few years after I graduated.. those were the glory years..

• Like 1

Winning really helps and star power. When we had Benimon and T-West on campus at the same time that was as good as it gets in the last 30 years. Before that, we had great players in Vinson and Crowley in football and Boyd and Lee in basketball. The fans showed up here and in the stands. It can and will happen again. Hopefully I’m alive to see that happen.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Winning really helps and star power. When we had Benimon and T-West on campus at the same time that was as good as it gets in the last 30 years. Before that, we had great players in Vinson and Crowley in football and Boyd and Lee in basketball. The fans showed up here and in the stands. It can and will happen again. Hopefully I’m alive to see that happen.

Don't sleep on 2006-2008 when we had Casper, Bushrod and G. Neal.  Not sure many mid-majors had 3 pros in all 3 major US sports. 

• Like 2