• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

New AD Thread II

Time will tell, but on initial review of credentials and experience, I think I really like this hire.  As I stated in earlier posts on this topic, I thought it would be a wise idea to get someone from a southern/SEC school where there is a greater appreciation and urgency around the football programs.  Plus, this guy is a "local" of sorts with his ties to PA & UMD.

Hopefully he's a great salesman and an innovative marketing mind.

Color me impressed.

Go Tigers!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Time will tell, but on initial review of credentials and experience, I think I really like this hire.  As I stated in earlier posts on this topic, I thought it would be a wise idea to get someone from a southern/SEC school where there is a greater appreciation and urgency around the football programs.  Plus, this guy is a "local" of sorts with his ties to PA & UMD.

Hopefully he's a great salesman and an innovative marketing mind.

Color me impressed.

Go Tigers!

To be fair, most AD candidates have good experience and resumes. Seems youngish which is good.

not sure there is anything to fix the football problem here…

5 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

To be fair, most AD candidates have good experience and resumes. Seems youngish which is good.

not sure there is anything to fix the football problem here…

It’s that kind of unbridled enthusiasm that will make him feel right at home 😆

I agree with Atlanta Tiger-I like the fact that he comes from an SEC school and I also like that he has a fundraising background. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

It’s that kind of unbridled enthusiasm that will make him feel right at home 😆

I agree with Atlanta Tiger-I like the fact that he comes from an SEC school and I also like that he has a fundraising background. 

“FCS football… catch the excitement!”😂

South Carolina has a good womens hoops and baseball programs 

5 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

“FCS football… catch the excitement!”😂

South Carolina has a good womens hoops and baseball programs 

FCS football as we know it won't be around in five years. 

6 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

FCS football as we know it won't be around in five years. 

Hopefully, if he is successful this guy will still be around in five years and not use us as a stepping stone.  More than likely the case though.  If he does good here it benefits his future.  Take all the good he potentially brings up and maybe create a road map for others to follow here. First true fingerprints of his probably will not be seen until the 2022-2023 academic/athletic year.

3 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Hopefully, if he is successful this guy will still be around in five years and not use us as a stepping stone.  More than likely the case though.  If he does good here it benefits his future.  Take all the good he potentially brings up and maybe create a road map for others to follow here. First true fingerprints of his probably will not be seen until the 2022-2023 academic/athletic year.

Correct. If he succeeds here, it’s a win-win; we benefit & so does he. Even if we end up being a lily pad, it lays the groundwork if/when we have to find a successor