• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Ohio State preview

Not totally related to this thread, but I saw the NET Rankings came out and we are No. 79. Hofstra is at 91 and Charleston is at 100. Not sure if James Madison had gotten credit for their win over Virginia yet (Virginia is 91 and James Madison is 151). As someone mentioned in one of the other threads our wins are not very good ones (the highest is New Mexico 152 and Kent State 199 is the only other one inside the top 200). However, two of our three losses are to teams in the top 45 (San Francisco 29 and Monmouth 42). I know it is early this does not mean much, but still good to see us this high.

Everyone always talks about conference tournament or bust, and that ultimately needs to be the goal since making the NCAA Tournament is really main accomplishment we all want at this point. However, my general standard that I would like to hold coach to is to generally hover in that range 75-150 in terms of these rankings (obviously 75 would be better). When we are in that area to me it generally means we are playing at a solid to high level. I actually think it is embarrassing whenever this program finds itself outside of the top 200 in these rankings. That has obviously happened way to much in our past and somewhat recent history at times (when it was RPI). 

Speaking of Madison, they looked good against U-Va. Yes, this is a down year for the Cavaliers, but JMU was quick, moved the ball well and made some impressive shots. I assume they won't be able to play in the CAA tournament, but I can see them winning the regular season title.