• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB falls to No. 21 Ohio State 85-74

Got bullied in the second half on the boards. Great first half but the better team woke up at the break. Refs were not good but not the reason we lost, osu got too many good looks and made them. 

our bigs need to do better. It is difficult where they go against teams without any post presence to two wide loads like yesterday. 

if we can put together first halves like the last two semi consistently and take our Ohio shooting home with us, there may something 

• Like 1

As Chris said, you pick your poison.Do you play man, and give up twos to Liddell and Key or do you double and play some zone. If it’s the latter, you have to hope that Young and Ahrens don’t go off. They did.

Our front court really is one guy.We’re playing four guards which is great for the CAA and not so great against the Big 10. But as long as we have Holden, I think we’ll have a shot at a high major. Maybe he can put on 10 pounds in the off-season. Doesn’t need to be huge at 6-5. Maybe 215 or 220 but it wouldn’t hurt.

I think Charles could be a factor in the CAA. Any offense is a bonus. Needs to rebound, defend and block shots. Paar can also be effective. Fortunately we are not going to face Key and Liddell the rest of the season. If we had an Isaac Kante that would help us get over the hump against these type of teams.

Charles Thompson seemed, well, timid, against OSU's front court. That's understandable -- to a point. I'd like to see him be more aggressive around the basket.

11 hours ago, mat1992 said:

he would have picked up 2 or 3 flop fouls. Who knows? He apparently had two flops which equal a foul and a tech. I think PS was so shocked by it, he figured it's just going to be one of those nights in terms of not getting the calls.

The flop rule does not involve a personal foul.  The first flop is a delay warning which is put in the book.  Anyone who had a delay; touching the ball after a made basket, timeout delay, another flop are assessed as a Class B technical foul.  That results in 1 FT and ball goes to the point of interruption.  This is not considered a personal foul.

Good showing in front of national audience again. Good passing and shooting first half but ran out of gas as expected and some poor shot 3s from beyond was the nail in coffin. Think we all see the improvement in the team. Think it will be a make or break year for skerry whether this new style of play is here to stay and propel the program forward or will this all disappear come conference play and will be the beginning of the end for the skerry era. Stay tuned folks!

Losing by 11 on the road to a top-20 team is nothing to hang our heads over. We acquitted ourselves well. Would be nice one day to pull out a W vs a big boy program. We’ve come close against MD & Florida and went toe-to-toe last night

i don’t like Timberlake’s shot when he kicks his legs apart. Paar, as another poster mentioned, really needs to get stronger. Gibson had quite the Ohio 2-step between Kent State and Columbus. Need Nolan to knock down more shots, but 10 assists will work. Overall, with Gibson, Rizzuto, Gray, Holden, Timberlake and Nolan, we will have nights when the 3’s are going down. But when there not ….

Based on our games vs Monmouth, USF & OSU, it would appear we should be able to hold our own against anyone in the conference 

I'm like okkkayyyy with the “moral victory"... on the road, top 25 team, quick turnaround, blah blah blah but man if we could just win one of these games. Can you imagine the SECU crowd for a home game following a top 25 upset? Or any top program really even if they are on a down year. JMU beat UVA. Charleston has beaten UNC in years past. It would be nice to just have one victory to point back and say "hey, remember that time when Towson beat..."

13 minutes ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

I'm like okkkayyyy with the “moral victory"... on the road, top 25 team, quick turnaround, blah blah blah but man if we could just win one of these games. Can you imagine the SECU crowd for a home game following a top 25 upset? Or any top program really even if they are on a down year. JMU beat UVA. Charleston has beaten UNC in years past. It would be nice to just have one victory to point back and say "hey, remember that time when Towson beat..."

I’m not in the area but judging by the attendance early on I don’t see a top 25 victory giving us a huge crowd for our next game.  
2 non conference games left and then the CAA so no big upsets in the cards.  Maybe next season.  
This program needs to win the conference for an infusion of fans back.  
Tough to do but I like our chances of making a deep run in the CAA. 

17 minutes ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

I doubt there would be a big crowd against UNCG next week if we had upset Ohio State. Maybe 2,000+, but at this time of the year and with Finals coming up, doubt the crowd would be over 2,000. 

1 hour ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

If we could only win one of those.. 

attendance is gonna be the same. We won’t draw abs haven’t since the Benimon days and by drawing I mean 2,200+ for more than 1 game a year