• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Navy preview

21 minutes ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

Should be a good test; Navy is good. They beat UVA (who is bad this year). Crushed William & Mary. Only losses are to VT, Louisville and a close loss to Mason.

Fingers crossed that we can get this one in. 

3 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Fingers crossed that we can get this one in. 

I would say it's 50-50 and just going by data along with our WBB issues.

Ahh yeah with the new variant it seems to be creeping in. Hopefully we can stay clean for 48 more hours. And Navy as well. 

It is a battle of the two best college basketball teams in the state according to the NET rankings. Navy is 66 and Towson is 81. By the way, the Terps are 121. Also UMBC is 231, UMES is 233, Loyola is 243, Coppin State is 301, Mt. St. Mary's is 314 and Morgan State is 338. By the way, it may sound silly but this is why I think it is important to play this game against Navy.

We have a pretty high NET ranking mostly based on the quality teams we have lost to and the fact that we have beaten pretty much everyone else (except for a bad Pittsburgh team), but I think it is important for mid-major teams to be mindful of where they sit in these rankings in case they are in the mix for postseason play which I hope Towson will be (that may be wishful thinking). It helps you seeding wise if the miracle of miracles happen and we make the NCAA Tournament, and if we have a good season it can keep us in the mix for the NIT (not likely, but still worth trying).

Hofstra comes in at 92, so the CAA actually has two top 100 teams. Outside of the power conferences, the only ones who also two teams in the top 100 are:

Conference USA: UAB - 51, N. Texas - 68, La. Tech - 87
MAAC: Monmouth - 46, Iona - 56
MAC: Ohio - 83, Buffalo - 95, Toledo - 98
Missouri Valley: Loyola (Chi.) - 16, Missouri State - 91
OVC - Belmont - 37, Murray State - 41
SoCon - Chattanooga - 43, Wofford - 73
WAC - Grand Canyon - 71, New Mexico State - 76, Utah Valley - 82, Abilene Christian - 96
WCC - Gonzaga 4, BYU 25, San Francisco 34, St. Mary's (Calif.) - 51, Santa Clara - 100

Yes, I know the WCC, Missouri Valley  and Conference USA are in different stratosphere's as conferences. 

Also, it does drop off pretty quick after the top two in the CAA with the list going like this Delaware (138), James Madison (141), Charleston (157), Northeastern (182), Drexel (199), UNCW (294), Elon (324), William & Mary (350).  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tiger93 said:

It is a battle of the two best college basketball teams in the state according to the NET rankings. Navy is 66 and Towson is 81. By the way, the Terps are 121. Also UMBC is 231, UMES is 233, Loyola is 243, Coppin State is 301, Mt. St. Mary's is 314 and Morgan State is 338. By the way, it may sound silly but this is why I think it is important to play this game against Navy.

We have a pretty high NET ranking mostly based on the quality teams we have lost to and the fact that we have beaten pretty much everyone else (except for a bad Pittsburgh team), but I think it is important for mid-major teams to be mindful of where they sit in these rankings in case they are in the mix for postseason play which I hope Towson will be (that may be wishful thinking). It helps you seeding wise if the miracle of miracles happen and we make the NCAA Tournament, and if we have a good season it can keep us in the mix for the NIT (not likely, but still worth trying).

Hofstra comes in at 92, so the CAA actually has two top 100 teams. Outside of the power conferences, the only ones who also two teams in the top 100 are:

Conference USA: UAB - 51, N. Texas - 68, La. Tech - 87
MAAC: Monmouth - 46, Iona - 56
MAC: Ohio - 83, Buffalo - 95, Toledo - 98
Missouri Valley: Loyola (Chi.) - 16, Missouri State - 91
OVC - Belmont - 37, Murray State - 41
SoCon - Chattanooga - 43, Wofford - 73
WAC - Grand Canyon - 71, New Mexico State - 76, Utah Valley - 82, Abilene Christian - 96
WCC - Gonzaga 4, BYU 25, San Francisco 34, St. Mary's (Calif.) - 51, Santa Clara - 100

Yes, I know the WCC, Missouri Valley  and Conference USA are in different stratosphere's as conferences. 

Also, it does drop off pretty quick after the top two in the CAA with the list going like this Delaware (138), James Madison (141), Charleston (157), Northeastern (182), Drexel (199), UNCW (294), Elon (324), William & Mary (350).  

All good points. It’s also important because if they don’t play it will be at-least 16 days in between games. 

Agreed, important to run it. I would take a NIT appearance, is that sad?? Would we collectively take an NIT berth? lol