• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Chris Datres

Just when we think we can have nice things…

He posted something yesterday about having the worst luck. I thought he meant it was this or Covid related. I wish it was Covid. Thanks Navy for that brutal foul, so he played the entire second half with a fractured jaw.

Brutal.

Oh geez.   Tough guy cause that happened in the first half and he still played. 
Well like a trade deadline acquisition we will get Cam back in time to make our CAA run.  Not season ending and thank god we have Gray and others to pick up the slack.  

Can't really find a positive in this one. I can see him missing nine games until the 27tg against Delaware. I'm not really thinking about record because that wouldn't be fair to Juwan Gray or Terry Nolan or Radhir Hicks or Chris Biekeu or Darrick Jones Jr. Any of them could be asked to step with either an increased role or a role.

Rebounding will be the biggest loss. CT, Gray, Timberlake and Nolan all need to crash the boards more than they have been. I can see why Navy was killing us on the boards in the second half. Holden was either not on the floor or was playing hurt. Can't rely on him now. I can also see more four guard lineups with Timberlake at the 4. The loss of Holden will also really impact the ball movement. He probably had 2-3 "hockey" assists per game. He helped get guys better shots by his unselfishness. That won't quite be there, though that doesn't mean guys can't still try and be more willing to make the extra pass. We'll also need more from CT on offense, because that will create better shots for the others. 

But the key guys now are Nolan and Gray. Not sure Gray is ready to play 30 mpg coming off an Achilles' injury last December. If he can play 25mpg, that would be great, but who gets the other 15mpg? Biekeu and CT just don't fit. Can Jones play some 4? Is Tyler Coleman ready to play any minutes? I don't even want to guess what happens if we have more injuries/COVID stuff.