• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB falls to Drexel 65-61

15 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Gambling Twitter was really disgusted with towson tonight or maybe it was bots tutiger2012 created! Terry Nolan jr kept shooting even if he kept missing. Some are off balanced bad shots but he chucks it up with confidence. Jason Gibson could not seem to buy a bucket tonight either. Need somebody to be the alpha and pick the team up when it’s a bad shooting night. Also didn’t understand the four foul shots to end the game? Why even bother with all that? We couldn’t make a free throw tonight and were so frustrated we almost fought the other team. I’ve said it before this team has balls but lacks brains at times!

Lol you guys can’t stand one intelligent, realist, I don’t need to create others.  Would never gamble on or against my team but damn would I be rich If I did.  Dragons getting points at home was easy money. 

this is a pedestrian Towson team with a bad staff.  They will get exposed  as the swain goes on…

I’m kind of in the middle between 2012 and Bay Area. Nolan’s shot goes in and we say this team has grit to pull out a game they did not play well. Nolan misses he shot and it’s SOT.

5 minutes ago, El Tigre Oro said:

I’m kind of in the middle between 2012 and Bay Area. Nolan’s shot goes in and we say this team has grit to pull out a game they did not play well. Nolan misses he shot and it’s SOT.

Kind of with you here but leaning towards the "we've seen this before" as in previous years. Nolan thinking he's Curry after making that 3 pointer surely didn't help and shows signs of a lack of discipline.

• Like 1

IDK.  we take more 3s this year than in the past (thank god), and we do so cause we have more shooters.  so, we might beat a team or two we "aint suppose to beat" cause we make some long ballz.  but guess what, might lose a couple as well when ya have a TERRIBLE shooting night.  goes both ways.  miss-make, that happens.  I want/like Gibby & Riz taking as many good/open 3s as possible.  And you want Timber, Nolan,Gray and the rest taking good ones in the flow of the offense.  they missed a BUNCH - we lost.  you want Gibby to NOT shoot?, go into a shell? he aint out there for his lockdown defense and rebounding.  shitty game/result - sucks.  few weeks ago it was HOLDEN FOR PRESIDENT (or maybe that was just me?), now we "dont have a goto player"/"seen this before".    ugg.  Charles Thompson > Bill Russell

Tigers 70

Blue Hens 64

After watching the game last night and seeing the totally stupid technical for unnecessary and dumb push by #55, I was left with the same thought as every year. Skerry teams always find some dumb play that cost them the game. Without that tech, they likely would not have won, but at least had a chance. Total loss of poise. History repeating itself. 

I was there last night.  We couldn't have played worse and lost at the last second of the game.  Looked like that layup by Nolan sat on the rim FOREVER, it was a great look.  I thought he should have went up with the right and tried to dunk it from my angle, that was a veteran crew, if he got fouled he would've gotten the call.

A few observations from the stands:

- Cam was struggling with the mask, at halftime the trainer was sanding down the bar between his eyes to help him get a better line of sight.  You could tell he couldn't see with that thing on.  I think its great he was there and hes going to have to learn at somepoint to play with it on.  Hopefully he is more used to it moving forward, it looked like he felt more comfortable as time went on.

- I think Rizzuto makes a difference if he's there.  Gibson is on the floor to make shots.  He didnt make s**t.  Therefore, you play the guy who can guard, that last posession Drexel isnt getting that foul if he's on the floor IMO, Rizzuto is guarding that.

-IDK how many TOs we had left but we should've used one after the offensive rebound with under a min.  Once the shot clock got to 15 we still looked confused I think we go TO there to get a good set and run something to the post for Cam.  I dont think we can go with a set for CT there due to his poor FT shooting.  I HATED holding the ball till 6 on the shot clock there and hoisting a 3.

-We made ZERO shots, we out rebounded them and had less turnovers which is normally a recipe for success.  I thought in the first 5 min we had some bad shots/possessions then Skerry corrected that and we generally had good possessions the rest of the way.  

-Defensively I thought we contested well, they made some tough shots late in the shot clock.  Credit to them.

I said this before, we couldn't have played worse and still had a chance to win.  I am interested to see how we bounce back vs Delaware tomorrow.  2012 is going to criticize and its fair.  If we don't come out and play well the next 3-4 games we are going to be the same 'ole Tigers, fighting for a 4-5 seed and bowing out before the Conf Title game.  I believe this team has a chance to be really good and compete for the CAA title.  I think Nolan and Cam can both be that late shot guy, we just couldnt throw the ball in the ocean last night with many open looks.

1 Question, at the end of the 1H there was a double T on the two coaches.  Does anyone have any information with what happened.  Skerry talked to the official (who works a TON of Big East games) all the way to the locker room.  It looked like he had heard enough of Pat and didnt want to punish him but send a message.  The double T negates any FTs and they moved on, just curious if there was any good angle from the TV feed.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, griggey20 said:

I was there last night.  We couldn't have played worse and lost at the last second of the game.  Looked like that layup by Nolan sat on the rim FOREVER, it was a great look.  I thought he should have went up with the right and tried to dunk it from my angle, that was a veteran crew, if he got fouled he would've gotten the call.

A few observations from the stands:

- Cam was struggling with the mask, at halftime the trainer was sanding down the bar between his eyes to help him get a better line of sight.  You could tell he couldn't see with that thing on.  I think its great he was there and hes going to have to learn at somepoint to play with it on.  Hopefully he is more used to it moving forward, it looked like he felt more comfortable as time went on.

- I think Rizzuto makes a difference if he's there.  Gibson is on the floor to make shots.  He didnt make s**t.  Therefore, you play the guy who can guard, that last posession Drexel isnt getting that foul if he's on the floor IMO, Rizzuto is guarding that.

-IDK how many TOs we had left but we should've used one after the offensive rebound with under a min.  Once the shot clock got to 15 we still looked confused I think we go TO there to get a good set and run something to the post for Cam.  I dont think we can go with a set for CT there due to his poor FT shooting.  I HATED holding the ball till 6 on the shot clock there and hoisting a 3.

-We made ZERO shots, we out rebounded them and had less turnovers which is normally a recipe for success.  I thought in the first 5 min we had some bad shots/possessions then Skerry corrected that and we generally had good possessions the rest of the way.  

-Defensively I thought we contested well, they made some tough shots late in the shot clock.  Credit to them.

I said this before, we couldn't have played worse and still had a chance to win.  I am interested to see how we bounce back vs Delaware tomorrow.  2012 is going to criticize and its fair.  If we don't come out and play well the next 3-4 games we are going to be the same 'ole Tigers, fighting for a 4-5 seed and bowing out before the Conf Title game.  I believe this team has a chance to be really good and compete for the CAA title.  I think Nolan and Cam can both be that late shot guy, we just couldnt throw the ball in the ocean last night with many open looks.

1 Question, at the end of the 1H there was a double T on the two coaches.  Does anyone have any information with what happened.  Skerry talked to the official (who works a TON of Big East games) all the way to the locker room.  It looked like he had heard enough of Pat and didnt want to punish him but send a message.  The double T negates any FTs and they moved on, just curious if there was any good angle from the TV feed.  

I agree with most of this. The only thing I would add is our perimeter defense was terrible. Too many uncontested threes, and shooting well form three was the only way Drexel was going to beat us.

I thought for most of the game we did a decent job of realizing it was not our night from three-point land, and really worked hard to get good looks in the paint and tough offensive rebounds. It felt like we abandoned that mindset the last 2-3 minutes. I know in end-of-game situations getting to the bucket gets harder, but we had a clear inside advantage (especially based on who was missing for Drexel). Nolan's two threes before the last shot weren't terrible, but there were better shots to be had if we probed and worked for them. Really good teams do that. 

My big disappointment with last night is we finally have a team that can win in different ways, and we did not close it out against a team that we had a clear advantage against. All criticisms by others on this board are fair, but I do think this is the best roster we have had since the Benimon years. I am not going to crush them for losing one game. However, if this team finishes anywhere outside of the top three in the conference I will be very disappointed. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, El Tigre Oro said:

We haven’t been in tight games all year. Two of them and we yakked both up. We have proven we can compete with some good teams when shots fall and have proven we can beat some pretty bad teams.

13 hours ago, tualum said:

Kind of with you here but leaning towards the "we've seen this before" as in previous years. Nolan thinking he's Curry after making that 3 pointer surely didn't help and shows signs of a lack of discipline.

End of game execution is always an issue 

4 hours ago, TTiger2024 said:

IDK.  we take more 3s this year than in the past (thank god), and we do so cause we have more shooters.  so, we might beat a team or two we "aint suppose to beat" cause we make some long ballz.  but guess what, might lose a couple as well when ya have a TERRIBLE shooting night.  goes both ways.  miss-make, that happens.  I want/like Gibby & Riz taking as many good/open 3s as possible.  And you want Timber, Nolan,Gray and the rest taking good ones in the flow of the offense.  they missed a BUNCH - we lost.  you want Gibby to NOT shoot?, go into a shell? he aint out there for his lockdown defense and rebounding.  shitty game/result - sucks.  few weeks ago it was HOLDEN FOR PRESIDENT (or maybe that was just me?), now we "dont have a goto player"/"seen this before".    ugg.  Charles Thompson > Bill Russell

Tigers 70

Blue Hens 64

Love cam. Love that he played with a broken jaw. He’s a very good player but is a point forward. He isn’t going to take the game over like a lead guard.  

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Love cam. Love that he played with a broken jaw. He’s a very good player but is a point forward. He isn’t going to take the game over like a lead guard.  

Agree here, but i think he can make an open shot if given in a big spot.  I think the ball needs to be in Nolan's hands, he has to make the right decision and be agrressive. He's got guys who can make shots, I think we can all agree, he shouldn't have settled in the last minute yesterday 

9 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

Agree here, but i think he can make an open shot if given in a big spot.  I think the ball needs to be in Nolan's hands, he has to make the right decision and be agrressive. He's got guys who can make shots, I think we can all agree, he shouldn't have settled in the last minute yesterday 

Yeah. I don’t doubt he can make a big shot.. teams just usually don’t have it in the hands of their 4 man end of games.  
nolan has proven to be a willing and good passer, but at times can be care less and chuck up some bad shoots