• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Hofstra Preview

16 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

4 point favorite somehow… Vegas likes us for some odd reason 

Seems a couple of points high and it has gone down to -2.5 last I checked, but I don't think I would bet on either side in this game. Feels like a lot of outcomes are in play and nothing would surprise me tonight. 

We need to shoot the ball better from three-point land and have better perimeter defense. We were shooting 37.1% from three going into conference play and have shot 22.5% in the two conference games. Not coincidentally our assists went from 13.4 apg prior to conference play to 9.5 apg in the two conference games.

The Drexel three-point shooting was as bad as it gets and probably an aberration, but I do think part of why we were able to move the ball so well and get assists in non-conference is because we were shooting the ball well enough to have multiple threats from 3, which made for better offensive spacing and gave us more scoring options. When we are not shooting well (like most teams), everything stagnates and we get into the ugly Pat Skerry offense of the past style.

It also feels like Hofstra has the potential to shoot us out of the game so we can not exhibit the poor defensive rotations we had at Drexel, which allowed them a lot of clean open looks at three-pointers. 

18 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

Seems a couple of points high and it has gone down to -2.5 last I checked, but I don't think I would bet on either side in this game. Feels like a lot of outcomes are in play and nothing would surprise me tonight. 

We need to shoot the ball better from three-point land and have better perimeter defense. We were shooting 37.1% from three going into conference play and have shot 22.5% in the two conference games. Not coincidentally our assists went from 13.4 apg prior to conference play to 9.5 apg in the two conference games.

The Drexel three-point shooting was as bad as it gets and probably an aberration, but I do think part of why we were able to move the ball so well and get assists in non-conference is because we were shooting the ball well enough to have multiple threats from 3, which made for better offensive spacing and gave us more scoring options. When we are not shooting well (like most teams), everything stagnates and we get into the ugly Pat Skerry offense of the past style.

It also feels like Hofstra has the potential to shoot us out of the game so we can not exhibit the poor defensive rotations we had at Drexel, which allowed them a lot of clean open looks at three-pointers. 

Good points. Especially the last paragraph. 
Jalen ray kills us every year. He has to be close to 26 or so by now.  he hit that wild buzzer beater years ago at what seemed to be secus first season 😂