• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Gibson leads MBB over Hofstra 78-66 (story)

12 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

He’s 6’5” and he threw a bounce pass to CT from just over mid court so naturally like he was Magic Johnson.  The broken jaw, the way he sets screens for his teammates..  his patience and poise when he has the ball in his hands.   He’s a special player and truly a Swiss Army Knife.  
 Again I mentioned this before.  Unlike seasons past this group of players just fits together nicely.  

55 most important player to team in CAA that I can remember in terms of making rest of team better overall. Let me know if can think of any others, obviously Riller final year, Knight teams, even JB teams would have probably bad if not for their more individual type efforts. Wright-Foreman pure scorer, talent around him. Thornton maybe? Cam plays with a grit and chip in such a poised manner and rest of team feeds off his controlled confidence and movement. Hopefully never have to find out, but think there's a large drop off if he's ever out - even with Nolan out there as him and 1 and 25 would battle it out for shots, 11 and 0 not as many good looks and frees up space for Charles. Anyone have +/- when he's off court, hasn't been much outside of Navy.

Test will be what happens end of game in close games as 0 for 2 so far. All 11 of the wins have been pretty handily (NE late run when game was over). Some "good efforts" in losses to Monmouth after start, USF, and Ohio State. Will be interesting with larger sample size to see who's hand ball is in end of close game or if have a plan to get Cam ball on wing or inside the arc, as not going to want to iso him/Nolan at the logo like the prototypical killer guard.

Agreed. Loving what Cam brings. Fortunately I briefly connected with him prior to the start of the season. Looking forward to chatting with him after a CAA title W. 

3 hours ago, Royal Tiger said:

55 most important player to team in CAA that I can remember in terms of making rest of team better overall. Let me know if can think of any others, obviously Riller final year, Knight teams, even JB teams would have probably bad if not for their more individual type efforts. Wright-Foreman pure scorer, talent around him. Thornton maybe? Cam plays with a grit and chip in such a poised manner and rest of team feeds off his controlled confidence and movement. Hopefully never have to find out, but think there's a large drop off if he's ever out - even with Nolan out there as him and 1 and 25 would battle it out for shots, 11 and 0 not as many good looks and frees up space for Charles. Anyone have +/- when he's off court, hasn't been much outside of Navy.

Test will be what happens end of game in close games as 0 for 2 so far. All 11 of the wins have been pretty handily (NE late run when game was over). Some "good efforts" in losses to Monmouth after start, USF, and Ohio State. Will be interesting with larger sample size to see who's hand ball is in end of close game or if have a plan to get Cam ball on wing or inside the arc, as not going to want to iso him/Nolan at the logo like the prototypical killer guard.

The lack of experience in close games can come back and hurt us down the road. But let’s just keep beating teams by 10 and not worry. 

Buie, puchica, Lewis, Fleming Brantley are some others over the past few years. Most are guards 

7 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

He’s 6’5” and he threw a bounce pass to CT from just over mid court so naturally like he was Magic Johnson.  The broken jaw, the way he sets screens for his teammates..  his patience and poise when he has the ball in his hands.   He’s a special player and truly a Swiss Army Knife.  
Again I mentioned this before.  Unlike seasons past this group of players just fits together nicely.  

That pass was really risky, and CT did a good job of handling the pass and getting the layup...Still that was Magic / Ja Morant vision and he put a bit of english on the pass, ended up being a thing of beauty.  

Cam is just an absolute joy....

• Like 1

Credit where it is due. The team played exceptionally well last night. Great passing, shooting and defense. As good a game as I have seen the Black and Gold play in at least a decade. Now the object is to keep it going. 

• Like 3