• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Gibson leads MBB over W&M 91-69

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

Still trying to wrap my head around the fact that we’re the best 3-point shooting team in the league. What a refreshing, and long overdue, development 

We are now top 50 in the nation in 3pt %, ranked right in between Kansas & Gonzaga....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tu_fan said:

I told you guys this is the best TU hoops team in 20+ years....Keep the train rolling guys!

It’s not over yet but 13-14 would like a word

1 minute ago, tu_fan said:

We are now top 50 in the nation in 3pt %, ranked right in between Kansas & Gonzaga....

That’s a nice high rent district to be in, with Kansas & the Zags 

10 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

It’s not over yet but 13-14 would like a word

Also, don't forget 2012-13, where we had Bilal Dixon and most of the guys from that 2013-14 team, and finished 13-5 in a CAA that still had ODU and George Mason (although not great versions of them). I still view that year, as Pat Skerry's best coaching job coming off 1-31. Of course, we didn't play in the CAA Tournament that year.

The 2012-13 and 13-14 teams probably had better starting lineups, but this is is probably the deepest team that I can remember having since I have followed Towson. The 1993-94 team (John James, Ralph Blalock, Scooter Alexander, Stevie Thomas, Quinten Moody, Deron Robinson, Michael Keyes, Matt Campbell) is the closest thing I can remember that is comparable to this depth in a very different way. That is also the last team to win a regular-season conference title, which I hope we have in our sights this year. 

Also, you are both right. To this point, 13-5 is our best record through 18 games since we have been D-1 (per Spiro on the broadcast). However, we are still only five games into conference play and have not even faced three of the other top teams in our league. With the craziness of Covid and other factors that could take guys out, I am celebrating what is going on now while cautiously looking forward to trying to keep it up.

Great job by everyone so far, but we have still have 13 conference games left. Hopefully, we are where we want to be at the end of the season. Then we need to face down our biggest demon of all, conference tournament play (and that is not just a Pat Skerry demon). 

31 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

Also, don't forget 2012-13, where we had Bilal Dixon and most of the guys from that 2013-14 team, and finished 13-5 in a CAA that still had ODU and George Mason (although not great versions of them). I still view that year, as Pat Skerry's best coaching job coming off 1-31. Of course, we didn't play in the CAA Tournament that year.

The 2012-13 and 13-14 teams probably had better starting lineups, but this is is probably the deepest team that I can remember having since I have followed Towson. The 1993-94 team (John James, Ralph Blalock, Scooter Alexander, Stevie Thomas, Quinten Moody, Deron Robinson, Michael Keyes, Matt Campbell) is the closest thing I can remember that is comparable to this depth in a very different way. That is also the last team to win a regular-season conference title, which I hope we have in our sights this year. 

Also, you are both right. To this point, 13-5 is our best record through 18 games since we have been D-1 (per Spiro on the broadcast). However, we are still only five games into conference play and have not even faced three of the other top teams in our league. With the craziness of Covid and other factors that could take guys out, I am celebrating what is going on now while cautiously looking forward to trying to keep it up.

Great job by everyone so far, but we have still have 13 conference games left. Hopefully, we are where we want to be at the end of the season. Then we need to face down our biggest demon of all, conference tournament play (and that is not just a Pat Skerry demon). 

Yeah that team was also good. They just started slow.  Like you said, there is a lot of season left including 4 road games that we haven’t had much success in 

34 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Yeah that team was also good. They just started slow.  Like you said, there is a lot of season left including 4 road games that we haven’t had much success in 

If we look at the standings right now you're correct, we do have some tough opponents.  At the same time 3 of our 4 conference wins were against the top 6 in the pre-season picks (NE-2, Hofstra-5 and Elon-6) with our only loss being to the preseason #3 team (Drexel) which was on the road.  I do agree the next 6 will dictate how good this team can be:

Coc

UNCW

@ UD

UD

Drexel

JMU

If we manage to go 4-2 or better I think that's when expectations will really increase for me.  As we have all said, it's been a great start, but our biggest challenges are in front of us.  We all have the bad taste in our mouth come March and that needs to change.  The good news is Nolan and Cam have no idea what that past is can will hopefully push us through.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

If we look at the standings right now you're correct, we do have some tough opponents.  At the same time 3 of our 4 conference wins were against the top 6 in the pre-season picks (NE-2, Hofstra-5 and Elon-6) with our only loss being to the preseason #3 team (Drexel) which was on the road.  I do agree the next 6 will dictate how good this team can be:

Coc

UNCW

@ UD

UD

Drexel

JMU

If we manage to go 4-2 or better I think that's when expectations will really increase for me.  As we have all said, it's been a great start, but our biggest challenges are in front of us.  We all have the bad taste in our mouth come March and that needs to change.  The good news is Nolan and Cam have no idea what that past is can will hopefully push us through.  

I know that pained you to say that! Haha. Next 6 are huge especially with 5 at home. 
4-2 would be nice but in the end it’s all for naught unless they can do something in March 

34 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I know that pained you to say that! Haha. Next 6 are huge especially with 5 at home. 
4-2 would be nice but in the end it’s all for naught unless they can do something in March 

You have no choice but to be glass half full at this point!  

• Like 1