• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MLax thread for 2022 and 2023

1 minute ago, TigerFan54 said:

We're up 1, 57 seconds to go, Hofstra ball. I have a sinking feeling how things are going to go, just given how many times we've seen this movie

As just mentioned. But Hofstra shoots as well as we do.

1 minute ago, TigerFan54 said:

Well, whaddya know. We wrote a new ending.

The key was getting a two-goal lead. 

Look, neither team was good today. Long had 20 saves and Gates had nine for Hofstra. Last week, it was the opposite. Long had seven saves and that was the difference in a one-goal loss. Of course, turning the ball over 21 times and forcing just 11 doesn't help, but that's our MO. Hofstra's offense doesn't turn it over because they take no risks. Boring offense as usual.

Just now, TigerFan54 said:

Or do I have that wrong? (I stepped away for a while).

They had a 4-0 lead. We had a 5-4 lead and it was a back-and-forth game all the way. Not well played on the offensive end. 43 shots and 19 on goal. Hofrstra had 42 shots and 28 on goal.