• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MLax thread for 2022 and 2023

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=456449\

https://towsontigers.com/news/2023/3/1/mens-lacrosse-towson-mens-lacrosse-falls-in-overtime-heartbreaker-vs-no-7-loyola.aspx

I'd rather lose 15-5 than fall in overtime to Loyola at home, but that's where we are as a program. We consistently turn the ball over (18 times) and we don't seem to come up with enough big saves and goals when it matters. However, when the game was 11-9 with around 5 minutes left, I thought the game was over.  They showed heart by coming up with the tie. What I don't like is watching a certain player turn it over time and time again and take bad shots with no repercussions. When Berkeley and DeMaio have rough games (9 TOs, 3g, 19shots), it's going to be tough to win. On the bright side, we saw the future with Villagomez and Weisshaar. Big No. 26 is just scratching the surface. No. 1 is an exceptional passer though I thought was a bit tentative to let one rip. I don't envision him as a top midfielder. He's an X on attack. A quick lefty and a feeder.

• Like 2

Everyone mispronounces our name anyway so why not change our name to Teasing Tigers.  That will match what most of our athletic programs do to us fans.  Another "Oh soclose" game by one of our teams. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Everyone mispronounces our name anyway so why not change our name to Teasing Tigers.  That will match what most of our athletic programs do to us fans.  Another "Oh soclose" game by one of our teams. 

We would be good at horseshoes. So close!

Not there, but I have the America East TV app on my ROKU and the game is delayed due to a power outage at UMBC. 

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

Yikes I’m seeing the line is 10.5 against #1 Virginia on Saturday

I foresee a worse drubbing. But you never know -- maybe U-Va. takes us too lightly and we miraculously cut down on turnovers and generally bone-headed play. It's just hard to believe that players at this level lack basic competency.