• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MLax thread for 2022 and 2023

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Don’t follow lacrosse much what the hell has happened with this program?  9-18 last 2 years. Aren’t we supposed to be a “lacrosse” (sigh) school??  They made the final four a few years ago and haven’t capitalized on that, it seems. Just look football

Lost two assistant coaches a few seasons back in Dan Cocchi and Anthony Gagliardi. The replacements have not been quite as good. Also, trying to live on transfers to replenish on offense. shows that the recruiting has not been stellar. However, Nads is not going anywhere and nor should he. Have one of the best recruits in the history of the program coming in next season in Michael Weisshaar. Now the staff might see changes if they continue on this broken down roller coaster of a season. Also, if you don't have a quality face-off guy, it's tough to win.

On 3/11/2022 at 9:53 PM, mat1992 said:

Lost two assistant coaches a few seasons back in Dan Cocchi and Anthony Gagliardi. The replacements have not been quite as good. Also, trying to live on transfers to replenish on offense. shows that the recruiting has not been stellar. However, Nads is not going anywhere and nor should he. Have one of the best recruits in the history of the program coming in next season in Michael Weisshaar. Now the staff might see changes if they continue on this broken down roller coaster of a season. Also, if you don't have a quality face-off guy, it's tough to win.

That might be part of the reason but unfortunately as lacrosse continues to grow, Towson's position as being a perineal type program will continue to fade.  There are so many more options now for lacrosse players to go compared to 10, 20, 30 years ago and we will NEVER be able to compete with Big 10 schools in any sport on a long term basis.  We need "one of the nest recruits in the history of the program" to pan out and hopefully start to bring others here.  Towson was fortunate in the past that if a player did not draw interest from the Hopkins, 'Cuse, Duke, and Twerps of the world then they could come to Towson and play for a quality program.  Now if the lacrosee "blue bloods" don't want them, Towson now competes with Penn State, Ohio State, and Michigans to name a few.  The once shining light of our athletic department has been in a slow fade for a while and now it seems it is barely a glimmer.  Add this to an already large list of challenges for Stevie E. when he takes over the reins.

I actually thought the new goalie did well saving the shots. But then he was would just turn it over on clears on his passes down the field. They had nothing on offense. 8 goals... 4 were in the last few minutes

How many times this year have we come out early and taken a decent lead, only to squander it in the second half? Richmond, Virginia, Denver. Are other coaches adjusting and we're not countering their moves? I know the face-off losses are big part of this, but the problems go well beyond that aspect. At some point, given our three-year slide, is a coaching change needed?

On 3/27/2022 at 3:05 PM, TigerFan54 said:

How many times this year have we come out early and taken a decent lead, only to squander it in the second half? Richmond, Virginia, Denver. Are other coaches adjusting and we're not countering their moves? I know the face-off losses are big part of this, but the problems go well beyond that aspect. At some point, given our three-year slide, is a coaching change needed?

A valid question. I'm not 100% sure I'm there yet, but barring some sort of miraculous turnaround it'll be hard to argue against making a change. The drop off since 2017 has been really frustrating and, as someone else mentioned, the growth of the game is going to make it more difficult for us to recruit well and keep up with the bigger schools. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 7:38 AM, ReverendRemulak said:

A valid question. I'm not 100% sure I'm there yet, but barring some sort of miraculous turnaround it'll be hard to argue against making a change. The drop off since 2017 has been really frustrating and, as someone else mentioned, the growth of the game is going to make it more difficult for us to recruit well and keep up with the bigger schools. 

2018 made it to the CAA championship game, 2019 beat Hopkins, Georgetown, Loyola, won the CAA, lost to Maryland in OT in the NCAA's.  We have a proven coach. His issue is at the faceoff X. I agree it is disturbing that we can't get that position resolved. However, in my opinion he deserves time to get this corrected. He has the player the was selected as the top high school player in the state of Maryland committed for next year. He turned down opportunities to coach at Michigan and Princeton to stay at Towson.  Nads is well respected in the profession.