• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MLax thread for 2022 and 2023

I will be watching tomorrow. Would love to see them back in the tourney where they belong 

This team has certainly improved from where they started. Will be interesting to see if we can will ourselves to victory today. Need the goalie to have a good performance today

1 hour ago, TigerFan54 said:

Giving the ball away too many times in the first quarter, and faceoffs continue to plague us. MC doesn't seem to be the answer.

Not giving up on a freshman after one shaky season. However, they should have brought in a transfer. That's on Nads.

So, didn't catch the game and saw the fourth quarter score of 9-4 and knew were done. Delaware has owned us this season in the CBB semis in D.C. and now in the MLax finals. At least we beat them in the women's semis yesterday. After scoring 15 goals against UMass, we put up four in three quarters and six in a title game. Sure, the weather was bad, but Delaware played in the same weather. Didn't sound like D was bad, but with seven penalties called on Towson and MC winning just 7 of 14 face-offs, they seemed to be playing D all day. Also, don't get the CAA Lax Tourney being played on a neutral site. Why? What does the regular season mean other than contending for the tournament? Delaware would have hosted, but if we play Hofstra last Saturday knowing that they could host the tourney, would have shown up.

Honestly, I'm not shocked because this team was inconsistent all season and that makes it three straight losing seasons. New AD and it's time to start winning again. Weishaar is going to be fun on offense, but we need more. Better play with the shorties on D, better midfield play on O aside from Berkely. I assume Evan Long takes over for Brennan. He looked pretty good when he was subbing for an injured Brennen. Getting better recruits and transfers. Playing more aggressively on defense (why do we never double when we're a man up on D after a turnover or missed shot?)

https://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=406417

Ugly rainy day to play. At least Darius Victor is out there scoring touchdowns for the New Jersey Generals making us proud on Peacock right now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Team was forcing a bunch of passes and they kept getting tipped or intercepted.  We have a pretty good squad and our face off guy will improve - i'm excited to start a true freshman who will continue to grow and improve.  Hopkins and Syracuse were train wrecks, i'm hopeful we can land some good transfers from them, and our pipeline with UMD transfers has been robust as well.  

31 minutes ago, tu_fan said:

Team was forcing a bunch of passes and they kept getting tipped or intercepted.  We have a pretty good squad and our face off guy will improve - i'm excited to start a true freshman who will continue to grow and improve.  Hopkins and Syracuse were train wrecks, i'm hopeful we can land some good transfers from them, and our pipeline with UMD transfers has been robust as well.  

I wish I was that optimistic. We need to be more aggressive on D and replacing Koby will be tough. Yes, Constantinides should get better. But you still need a quality backup or transfer just in case he's having a bad game. Not sure about the goaltending. Long might be legit. Passing has been bad. Avanzato was M.I.A today. Weisshaar will help but he'll be just a freshman. We don't play many true freshmen. Gallagher, is he a middie or attackman? DeMaio needs to improve his shot selection. Webber looks good, but we had some diminutive middies. I'd like to see another big, fast middie to play next to Berkeley, who was the best player on the field most of the year on offense. Until teams started doubling him and sliding towards him every time he gets the ball. Rope unit is also not impressive. Teams take advantage every game. Then we also end up allowing 5-6 goals from the other team's top scorer in almost every game. Where are the adjustments?

3 hours ago, mat1992 said:

but with seven penalties called on Towson and MC winning just 7 of 14 face-offs, they seemed to be playing D all day. A

MC won 7 of 21 faceoffs. Unless he gets better coaching -- and we've haven't provided that since Cantabene took the Stevenson job -- it's hard to see significant improvement next year. But that's just one of our deficiencies. The passing today was awful -- not just making ill-advised ones into the teeth of Delaware's defense, but sloppy lobs that went out of bounds or over-and-back. I have to wonder whether Nads is the right guy any longer. He's never been a fiery sort, but he just seems resigned to us being mediocre.

21 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

MC won 7 of 21 faceoffs. Unless he gets better coaching -- and we've haven't provided that since Cantabene took the Stevenson job -- it's hard to see significant improvement next year. But that's just one of our deficiencies. The passing today was awful -- not just making ill-advised ones into the teeth of Delaware's defense, but sloppy lobs that went out of bounds or over-and-back. I have to wonder whether Nads is the right guy any longer. He's never been a fiery sort, but he just seems resigned to us being mediocre.

True, that was a mistake on my part. Delaware won 14 of 21 face-offs. I'm not defending his play today, but he had his moments in the CAA against less FOGOs. There are a lot of times where he does get the clamp down, win the face-off and he doesn't come up with it or the wings don't scoop it up. This year will help and he'll get better, but still should have gotten a vet just in case. Not sure where you are going with Cantabene. He hasn't been here since 2002. We went to the FF in 2017 and had good assistants in Cocchi and Gilardi. Alex Woodall was a monster at the FOGO and Nads never replaced him.