• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MLax thread for 2022 and 2023

I knew it was gonna be a long day when we gave up the first goal 20 seconds in and then the first time we tried a clear Brennan threw it over everyone's head.  Not much you can really say about this one as Delaware played really well on defense and stopped whatever rotations and ball movement we tried.  We just weren't quick enough offensively to generate any good looks or get runs at the goal.  Brennan was a wagon in the 3rd quarter when we were killing off the penalties and he kept us in it.  Only criticism I'd have is that their best player beat us on the same move 3 or 4 times and I'd have liked to have seen us rotate our best D on him to shadow.  Maybe we did that in the 2nd half and I didn't notice it clearly enough.  But we got neutralized pretty good at the offensive end and just didn't generate anything necessary to win.

BTW. Constantinides was 45.5% for the year on face-offs. That's a vast improvement on last season (36.4%). Santora was 39% on 84 face-offs so they need more depth there and why they were 43.6% overall. I also think when MC improves his stick work, he'll be at least 50% next season.

DeMaio had 36 goals on a school record 157 shots. That's a 23% shooting percentage and 45.2% on goal. Not good. Avanzato was a bit better at 30.1% shooting with 31g and 25a to lead the team with 56 points. Berkeley adds 25 goals and 18 assists on 29.4% shooting. All Maryland transfers by the way and Luke Shilling (21g, 19a, 45.7%) is a Hopkins transfer. The top four in points were transfers. Ryan Swain was fifth in points with 14 and had nine goals and five assists. The move of Andrew Milani (8g, 2a) to midfield was a failure. Last season, he had 23 goals and shot 40.4% playing attack.

3 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

8 teams in the caa for lacrosse. Will they play 7 conference games?  Isn’t 8 a lot of lacrosse?  Should be good for both men and women 

Stony Brook will absolutely dominate the women's side. Joe Spallina is an incredible coach. 

Edited by TUvet

Saturday at 5pmET on ESPN. Atlanta vs. Redwoods. The debut of Koby Smith as an LSM. He'll be a star at that position with that kind of speed and ability to shoot. Wearing No. 0.