• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MLax thread for 2022 and 2023

4 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Three games that come to mind:

2016 - Beating 2nd seed and defending national champion Denver in the playoffs

2017 - defeating 2nd seed Syracuse in the quarterfinals to earn first final four berth since 2001  

2019 - beating #1 Loyola

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TUTigers said:

Three games that come to mind:

2016 - Beating 2nd seed and defending national champion Denver in the playoffs

2017 - defeating 2nd seed Syracuse in the quarterfinals to earn first final four berth since 2001  

2019 - beating #1 Loyola

There are many that come to mind but the greatest was beating Princeton in three overtimes in 1991 on the road to reach our first FF. Probably the greatest Towson event I’ve ever covered.

• Like 4

I was there in '91, screaming my head off. When the seconds finished ticking down on Bacigalupo and company, we stormed the field in a wild melee! You're right, that was probably the greatest MLax moment! Seems in the last 5 years, recruitment quality has waned. I still have faith in Nads however. 

• Like 2

Was it Glenn Smith's or Rob Shek's shot that if it was a quarter of an inch lower and goes in instead of denting the crossbar against North Carolina we would have won the national championship in 1991 and no one can convince me otherwise. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Was it Glenn Smith's or Rob Shek's shot that if it was a quarter of an inch lower and goes in instead of denting the crossbar against North Carolina we would have won the national championship in 1991 and no one can convince me otherwise. 

Smith I believe. Not having Carl Beernink (RIP) for that game didn’t help.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, mat1992 said:

There are many that come to mind but the greatest was beating Princeton in three overtimes in 1991 on the road to reach our first FF. Probably the greatest Towson event I’ve ever covered.

So many good ones.  For me it was beating Maryland in 2001, at College Park, in the quarter finals.  I was at the game and it was so tight throughout, but we couldn't get any possessions late in the game.  We had Justin Berry, who was like Alex Woodall on faceoffs, and were trailing by 1 late.  We scored to tie it and Berry won the ensuing faceoff, and the terps strategy was to concede the face off and harass the shit out of Berry to try and force a turnover.  He was sprinting back, out of control, and somehow had the vision to throw a hail mary, ~40 yard pass to a streaking Tiger up the sideline.  You could have heard a pin drop as the pass was in the air.  A tiger caught it in stride, we had a 2 on 1, and fed the ball to a wide open Kyle Campbell was camped in front of the goal to bury it, with seconds to go.  Was the greatest game I've been to and the comeback was nothing short of heroic.  And to do it in College Park made it that much sweeter!

• Like 2