• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MLax thread for 2022 and 2023

6 hours ago, Blazer49 said:

Was it Glenn Smith's or Rob Shek's shot that if it was a quarter of an inch lower and goes in instead of denting the crossbar against North Carolina we would have won the national championship in 1991 and no one can convince me otherwise. 

I didn't go to game, but listened on radio. As I recall, we were bombed early on in the game such that we were trailing something like 3-10 @ halftime. But we were closing in on them in the 2nd half. Just ran out of time and luck, bowing 13-18 I think..

And absolutely - loss of defensive captain Beernink caused us an untimely close D reshuffling. 

• Like 1

My most memorable game was where we hosted the Blue Jay's in '91, despite that we lost it 9-12. Itz most memorable because with the game starting and a long line of fans still waiting to get in, Towson ticket vendors.. ran  out  of  tickets!! So myself and about 10 other guys walked counterclockwise around from the ticket windows 180° to the north side of the stadium. There we climbed the 8' chain link fence and dropped inside the (then) undeveloped area of the stadium. We had to ford around thru stickerbushes to find spots where we could see most of the field. Towson security came, but they didn't bother most of us. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Moleman1 said:

My most memorable game was where we hosted the Blue Jay's in '91, despite that we lost it 9-12. Itz most memorable because with the game starting and a long line of fans still waiting to get in, Towson ticket vendors.. ran  out  of  tickets!! So myself and about 10 other guys walked counterclockwise around from the ticket windows 180° to the north side of the stadium. There we climbed the 8' chain link fence and dropped inside the (then) undeveloped area of the stadium. We had to ford around thru stickerbushes to find spots where we could see most of the field. Towson security came, but they didn't bother most of us. 

I was at that game as well.  Fortunate enough to get a seat but there were so many people in that undeveloped area.  Tremendous atmosphere.  

• Like 2

We're a bit a ways from February, but I'll try and find some info on fall ball. This is a very important year for Coach Nads and company. Time to get back on track

The roster is out. Just one transfer in the goalie from Michigan. Some of these guys have been there forever. Austin Stewart and Ryan Swain have been there forever even though Stewart is an Air Force transfer. I'm really intrigued with some of the freshmen. The 6-2 defenseman Elijah Smith from IMG Academy runs a 4.6 40 and is very physical. 

https://towsontigers.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/roster/2023