• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MLax thread for 2022 and 2023

Tigers lacrosse looked dominant.  Up like 15-1 at the half and cruised to a 20-7 win.  Goalie looked good, the freshman Villagomez had a big game.  Can't wait for our 5 stat to join the party in a few weeks, hope to see a bounce back year 

Love the win but before I get excited, do we have a chance to be THAT good, is Mount truly awful this year or is it something in between?  Either way it is usually rare for any Towson team in any sport whether they are supposed to be good or not or playing an inferior D-1 school to hand a beat down like that.  

1 hour ago, Blazer49 said:

Love the win but before I get excited, do we have a chance to be THAT good, is Mount truly awful this year or is it something in between?  Either way it is usually rare for any Towson team in any sport whether they are supposed to be good or not or playing an inferior D-1 school to hand a beat down like that.  

We lost to them at home in 2020. Most of our wins were around the five goal spread against them. Even if they are terrible, we finished incredibly well. In the second half, we took the foot off the pedal or we could have put up a least 25. St Joes will be a rough game because their face off guy is exceptional. I love the potential of the offense especially when Weishaar starts playing.

• Like 2

On 2/12/2023 at 1:52 PM, mat1992 said:

St Joes will be a rough game because their face off guy is exceptional. 

The FO stats weren't that encouraging on Saturday -- we barely won more than 50 percent. We're going to need considerable improvement in that area this year, especially against the stronger teams. A great offense can't score without the ball.

42 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

The FO stats weren't that encouraging on Saturday -- we barely won more than 50 percent. We're going to need considerable improvement in that area this year, especially against the stronger teams. A great offense can't score without the ball.

Matt Constantinides went 14 of 23 and lost the first 3 so he was dominant after he adjusted to the whistle. I'll take 61%. The rest of the team went 2 of 7 in garbage time. He was over 50% last season in CAA play as a freshman and got better as the season went on. Is he Alex Woodall? Of course not, but I'd take 50% on Saturday.