• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MLax thread for 2022 and 2023

We're lacking a burner like Goodrich at defensive midfield and a speedy offensive midfielder. Despite saying that, we still need to push it more in transition. 

Villagomez not making shots unless he's in front of the goal. Alex Reid can't make an easy layup. Can't even hit the goal. Game over. Not a terrible loss, but very disappointing.

I don't think there are many bright spots but to be honest. I don't think Constantinides was that bad despite the numbers. 

But

*turnovers at 16 

*second half shooting was terrible

*0-3 on EMO

*10 saves for Long on 41 shots. Need a few more. Was giving up high shots early on.

*Lots of miscommunication on D.

*The 11th goal scored when Long was out of the net when the game was tied 10-10 was the dagger. Not an expert on lax, but I can't imagine we needed Long out of the net on that ride with the game tied. Be a bit more cautious.

Doesn't matter Towson is 3-1/2 X the student enrollment of St Joseph's. Doesn't matter we have something of a MLax pedigree ('74 Div III Champs &' 91 Div I Runner-up) compared to St Joe's. Also makes no difference we "have a lot of Calvert Hall boys from right down the street"..

Guess itz time to turn my attention back to our roller-coaster MBb gang, those guys to whom I turned my attention after the mediocre football team finished their successful season. At least they've given us a teensy weensy prayer of hope after their commendable Thursday evening display.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moleman1 said:

Doesn't matter Towson is 3-1/2 X the student enrollment of St Joseph's. Doesn't matter we have something of a MLax pedigree ('74 Div III Champs &' 91 Div I Runner-up) compared to St Joe's. Also makes no difference we "have a lot of Calvert Hall boys from right down the street"..

Guess itz time to turn my attention back to our roller-coaster MBb gang, those guys to whom I turned my attention after the mediocre football team finished their successful season. At least they've given us a teensy weensy prayer of hope after their commendable Thursday evening display.. 

I think the basketball team will put on a show in front of a packed house today on senior day!

• Thanks 1

I am going today, even tho this isn't the team or team record we expected at this late stage. I'll give them my support, but.. 

GOSH, these 3 athletic programs have been heartbreaking over the decades, with few paybacks for our patient support. 

Believe me, it's annoying that of all a sudden, we're behind St. Joe's as a program. You can say that about Hofstra as well, and they are much more frustrated than us with the state of their program. I also noticed we did miss Koby Smith today, especially on clears when we lacked a pole with speed that could just jet past the line and lead us in transition. so he

The defensive mistakes should clear up. Not sure about goaltending and midfield still needs work. Attack still misses a strong QB. Avanzato could do both. Weissaar did dress today, so he's close. Maybe he's the one to take us over, the top but you can't completely blame the offense other than turnovers, when your opponent scored 16. I wouldn't blame the game on bad luck, but when Austin Stewart had his stick broken and St. Joe's scored an easy goal on the other end, I should have known it wasn't our day.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 1:50 PM, TigerFan54 said:

Maybe we were feeling too good about ourselves after last week's dismantling of Mount St, Mary's. This should bring expectations down to earth.

Agreed. We are somewhere in the middle. But good team to build with.