• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MLax thread for 2022 and 2023

On 2/18/2023 at 3:47 PM, mat1992 said:

Believe me, it's annoying that of all a sudden, we're behind St. Joe's as a program. You can say that about Hofstra as well, and they are much more frustrated than us with the state of their program. I also noticed we did miss Koby Smith today, especially on clears when we lacked a pole with speed that could just jet past the line and lead us in transition. so he

The defensive mistakes should clear up. Not sure about goaltending and midfield still needs work. Attack still misses a strong QB. Avanzato could do both. Weissaar did dress today, so he's close. Maybe he's the one to take us over, the top but you can't completely blame the offense other than turnovers, when your opponent scored 16. I wouldn't blame the game on bad luck, but when Austin Stewart had his stick broken and St. Joe's scored an easy goal on the other end, I should have known it wasn't our day.

This is what I was thinking - regarding Koby. Missed a defensive presence this game for sure. 

2 hours ago, sr16 said:

Agreed. We are somewhere in the middle. But good team to build with. 

It’s a little early to give any proclamation on a lax season. Especially when the Star freshman hasn’t played yet. Defensive mistakes can and will be corrected but Long isn’t growing to six feet tall and Nads inability to find a few transfers in the portal this season again is concerning. Also would be nice if they can start developing the next Drenner and Seider instead of needing transfers on offense. Defensively our shorties are lacking the speed that we had a few years ago with Goodrich and Adams. Physical freaks with speed

Another loss, another game where we lose more FOs than we win. Also, 0-6 on man-up opportunities. Weisshaar played, apparently briefly. I see only a turnover on his stat line. Downs started in place of Long in goal; only gave up 10, but we only scored 7. So much for the enthusiasm we felt after the strong win over MSM.

Isn’t this supposed to be a good team or something? I get it’s a regional niche sport and doesn’t have the following of all the to the sports, but man, this coach deserves more scorn than we gave Ambrose and skerry 

I’ll comment more later but 0-5 on EMO and around 20 turnovers is inexcusable. New goalie Downs was solid. Time to move Weishaar to attack and let him run the offense 

• Like 1

How did towson lax drop off so badly? I thought Baltimore was the hotbed Mecca of lacrosse talent? Has coach Nads stopped giving af after getting paid?

PLL is growing some interest in lax. Wish we’re good at a time like this

i just got back from the game.  passing game was terrible.  forcing stuff, passing to areas where they expected someone to be there and they were never there, simple errors that took place all game long.  

Constandines looked good on the draws, but when they pressed him, he'd panic and just throw the ball up for grabs.  He needed more composure.

Mikey's turnover was on a play where he attacked the goal and ended up in the crease - i will take that turnover versus the zillion others where we just threw the ball away.  He seems to have wheels and I wish they have featured him more than they did.  The offense was too much passing around the perimeter and then trying to thread needles on perfect passes, which led to turnovers or passes being knocked down.  Think Berkeley could have attacked more.....

In general the offense lacks speed and athleticism.  We had a few break opportunities and we would just pull the ball back out, which was incredibly frustrating to watch.  No transition offense to speak of.  Lastly, I think half of UR's goals took place with less than 10 seconds on the play clock - heartbreaking.  This team has some potential, but Nads really needs at least one speedy dodger and the team needs to practice handling pressure b/c they folded against it all game long and lost a winnable game. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tu_fan said:

passing game was terrible.  forcing stuff, passing to areas where they expected someone to be there and they were never there, simple errors that took place all game long.  

the team needs to practice handling pressure b/c they folded against it all game long and lost a winnable game. 

These weaknesses seem to reflect one or perhaps two things: 1) we're just not able to recruit better players and/or we just can't develop the ones we do sign. Either way, it falls on coaching.

58 minutes ago, tu_fan said:

i just got back from the game.  passing game was terrible.  forcing stuff, passing to areas where they expected someone to be there and they were never there, simple errors that took place all game long.  

Constandines looked good on the draws, but when they pressed him, he'd panic and just throw the ball up for grabs.  He needed more composure.

Mikey's turnover was on a play where he attacked the goal and ended up in the crease - i will take that turnover versus the zillion others where we just threw the ball away.  He seems to have wheels and I wish they have featured him more than they did.  The offense was too much passing around the perimeter and then trying to thread needles on perfect passes, which led to turnovers or passes being knocked down.  Think Berkeley could have attacked more.....

In general the offense lacks speed and athleticism.  We had a few break opportunities and we would just pull the ball back out, which was incredibly frustrating to watch.  No transition offense to speak of.  Lastly, I think half of UR's goals took place with less than 10 seconds on the play clock - heartbreaking.  This team has some potential, but Nads really needs at least one speedy dodger and the team needs to practice handling pressure b/c they folded against it all game long and lost a winnable game. 

Mikey needs to start on attack. Move Gallagher or Villagmovez to midfield. No offense to Josh Webber, but I've heard about his greatness all these years in the offseason and I just don't see it. He's a fine No. 2 middie and we have plenty of No. 2 and No. 3 middies. We need more 1s. Still not sure why Milani doesn't play along with our biggies Ducommun and Gaskins. They played in the first two games and they went with Webber, Bender, Reid and Weishaar. All around 5-9 or less. Weishaar looked big to me, maybe it was the padding, but I know you have to try and win but eff it. Play the young guy and let him feed the big boys. You can't ask DeMaio to be the feeder. I have no clue what Matt Musci was doing today with the offense.