• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MLax thread for 2022 and 2023

Shane Santora went 8 of 17 on face-offs and if we can get that in most games, we have a shot to beat just about anybody not named Virginia, Duke, and possibly Denver. Just don't think that Constantinides is ready yet, which once again best the question...why no transfer? Kyle Berkely with one goal and four assists today. If teams are sliding to you and doubling then why not give it up? He did. The 6-4, the 225-pound midfielder played in just three games at Maryland in three seasons. Berkely, Nick DeMaio and James Avanazato are all Maryland transfers. Quotes from the Baltimore Sun.

"I’m really finding it [to be] a home here,” Kyle Berkeley said. “I think that’s making it a lot easier, the coaches, the team. Having Nick transfer over with me as well has made it a little easier, just knowing someone to come in. My time at Maryland was what it was. I enjoyed it, and those guys are some of my best friends for life. Now that I’m here, I’m definitely enjoying getting on the field and doing what I need to do. This group of guys is really special. So just being able to be a part of this is something that I’m really enjoying going forward.”

I thought Shane Brennan struggled last Friday. The entire defense did, but it's not all on the defense when you allow 18 goals. Today, he was excellent allowing just five goals before being pulled when we were up 13-5.

From the Sun article (By Ed Lee)

“I thought Shane (Brennan) was really seeing the ball well in the cage today,” Shawn Nadelen said. “He kept them off the board probably more than our defense should have. They had some pretty nice looks that he ended up making some saves on when we weren’t playing as great as we wanted to in front. We were a little bit more sound defensively, taking away the middle of the field and forcing low-angle looks, which we didn’t do a good job of Friday night. So that was something we emphasized.”