• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
AtlantaTiger

Georgia Bulldogs or Towson Tigers?

Thought some of you might find this funny.  Last week Atlanta sports talk station, 680 The Fan, had on Jeff Schultz who covers UGA football for The Athletic.

In discussing the transfer portal and how the Georgia Bulldogs might be impacted by it he somehow decided to make a random, and not so flattering, reference to "Towson State".  Needless to say, I almost drove off the road.  Of all the small, FCS, mid-major programs that exist between Atlanta and Baltimore that he could have mocked, "Towson State" was the one that popped into his head at that very moment??  Not to mention, he and the on-air folks had a good chuckle about it.  No respect. 

Let's get UGA on our schedule!!  😉

m_40830_1880679117_1641998088367_1641998137821__c184071d-9a7a-45bb-ac58-ce9a2a61e540.mp3

• Haha 1

Wow how random is that?  A dollar to the host of the show if he can guess where Towson is located.  I'd even give him a two state cushion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I dunno seems like a fine reference to me.  He is just saying if you are a 4-5 deep on an SEC team (national champs) why would you give that up to start (maybe star but who knows) in the FCS? At WR4 you still are going to play in games.

He is saying the transfer portal and NIL markets are too hot right now. (DOGE to the MOOOOON!) Similar to other investments the transfer market will course correct. NILs will become lower as Brands see the (lack of) value.  Honestly you will see a few players make big bucks but WR4 isn't getting Brand deals even in the the SEC. If someone really want to maximize the NIL go to a rural school, become a star then the local Chipotle will pay you to be in a commercial. 

Some guys will still transfer down, which is a win for us. But more will realize hey the grass is not always greener. You still have to compete here.

Edited by TheGoldCrotchPiece
  • Like 1