• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB falls in OT to UNCW 81-77

It would be nice to win a “big” game for once. Had all the press going into this one and pulled a “Towson.” Not as bad as usual, we did blow a lead but Uncw more so took it. They outplayed out hustled and out coached us.

I like that cam took responsibility after the game but this was a total team loss. we waited too long to change defenses late and smaller penetrating teams have always given us fits. One player trying to play hero ball late when he wasn’t on at all is frustrating. Why did Pat play paar so much especially at the end of the first half?  I get players are tired and there’s non practice time but there are 9 other teams in the same boat. 

Delaware is going to be tough and Drexel will have butler playing in the rematch 

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

It would be nice to win a “big” game for once. Had all the press going into this one and pulled a “Towson.” Not as bad as usual, we did blow a lead but Uncw more so took it. They outplayed out hustled and out coached us.

I like that cam took responsibility after the game but this was a total team loss. we waited too long to change defenses late and smaller penetrating teams have always given us fits. One player trying to play hero ball late when he wasn’t on at all is frustrating. Why did Pat play paar so much especially at the end of the first half?  I get players are tired and there’s non practice time but there are 9 other teams in the same boat. 

Delaware is going to be tough and Drexel will have butler playing in the rematch 

Got hammered by friends yesterday..  “Typical Towson” 

Kinda wish that was a road game.   
Agree with Mat that they got find more shots for Gibson despite being heavily scouted in league now.  He’s our shooter and needs at least 6-8 bombs per game. 
I’m not worried about Nolan going 1-8..  his points will come.  I know Hicks is still out and with Nolan back it is hard find minutes but we couldn’t find a few minutes for Gill the past 2 games?

Back to back games with Delaware now..  I smell a split but pray I’m wrong.  

Go Tigers…. In Cam we trust 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Got hammered by friends yesterday..  “Typical Towson” 

Kinda wish that was a road game.   
Agree with Mat that they got find more shots for Gibson despite being heavily scouted in league now.  He’s our shooter and needs at least 6-8 bombs per game. 
I’m not worried about Nolan going 1-8..  his points will come.  I know Hicks is still out and with Nolan back it is hard find minutes but we couldn’t find a few minutes for Gill the past 2 games?

Back to back games with Delaware now..  I smell a split but pray I’m wrong.  

Go Tigers…. In Cam we trust 

Gill has to be able to guard. I just don't know if he could have stayed with Phillips, who is bigger, stronger and probably quicker. Nolan has to play 20-25 minutes and he's one of the keys to our success. Gill played fine against Elon, but UNCW ain't Elon.

I don't know if anybody is listening or cares, but Holden is doing this with a fractured jaw and can't eat solid foods as I've said many times. Playing with a mask isn't helping his vision either. What he's doing is near-miraculous. A lot of guys would just take the month off to get better. I'm sure none of us would play if we were in the situation. He's playing and after that unfortunate loss yesterday where he was one of the culprits in the loss  (0-3 FT, Flagrant, Tech), he wished the media a great day after finishing his questions. We're very fortunate to have him and I can't wait to see how he plays when the mask is off in a week or so.

26 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Gill has to be able to guard. I just don't know if he could have stayed with Phillips, who is bigger, stronger and probably quicker. Nolan has to play 20-25 minutes and he's one of the keys to our success. Gill played fine against Elon, but UNCW ain't Elon.

I don't know if anybody is listening or cares, but Holden is doing this with a fractured jaw and can't eat solid foods as I've said many times. Playing with a mask isn't helping his vision either. What he's doing is near-miraculous. A lot of guys would just take the month off to get better. I'm sure none of us would play if we were in the situation. He's playing and after that unfortunate loss yesterday where he was one of the culprits in the loss  (0-3 FT, Flagrant, Tech), he wished the media a great day after finishing his questions. We're very fortunate to have him and I can't wait to see how he plays when the mask is off in a week or so.

Absolutely miraculous.  Cam is a Pro and wasn’t surprised that he took the blame etc..  Leaders do that.   He’s gonna win multiple games for us in the CAA tournament..  our March struggles are in the past.  

On 1/22/2022 at 5:54 PM, TuTigers2012 said:

Awful effort on the glass for a 3rd straight game. Becoming an issue…

knew it would be tough to stop good guards. We just aren’t quick enough. Liked that Pat finally changed to a 3-2 late but it was after like 5 straight possessions were Phillips went 1-1 didn’t pass on the possession and torch Nolan Gibson and rizzuto. It must be nice to have guards take over late. Some on the black and gold just try and play hero ball… especially today

should have went down low every time  had success and went away from it a bit. 

cams timeout call actually probably helped as it was 2 free throws.  He was going to be called for a walk anyway.  Fouled way too much. 

this team is 3-6 seed with 4/5 most likely. 

welcome back!  We missed you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, griggey20 said:

welcome back!  We missed you!

Good to still be here!!  Appreciate it!!

My post was full of facts besides the last line which is TBD but if record holds, that’s what we would be