• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Story on CAA expansion

47 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Lol flo sucks.  It’s the same broadcast (sometimes worse) as prior because it’s the schools feed and jokesters of announcers.  So little to no money went into improving the production value but I guess the schools got to pocket their share?  Not being on tv or a normal semi affordable streaming service has hurt the league 

When I watch the road games on Flo, I generally mute the volume. In fairness, I suppose opposing fans might also mute Spiro and Chuck 

42 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

When I watch the road games on Flo, I generally mute the volume. In fairness, I suppose opposing fans might also mute Spiro and Chuck 

Lol. They do. If I had to watch home games in flo I would too. 
the elon southern preacher is pretty annoying as well. 

I think it make sense for travel logistics to have local regions north/south. I can’t imagine the nightmare it must be for UMD to now have to coordinate playing UCLA in every sport. I hope the close proximity to the rival schools will create some regional rivalries and allow for more fans to travel to road games. I can’t say I’ve ever been to another CAA stadium other than Johnny U. Maybe it could make sense to have a bus coordinated to take students to away games at an affordable price

Yuck.  Why keep adding teams to a one bid league?!  Divisions do nothing for me except aid in travel costs. At this point having 7 and 7 might as well just add 3 more to each side and create two conferences. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Good news is that we will be in the North Division 

With DE, Hofstra, Monmouth and NE, the North, on paper, seems to me to be the stronger basketball division. I assume we’ll play a home & home with each team in our division and then play each team in the South 1X per season? That would be 19 conference games. I guess if they want to keep it at 18 you could just skip 1 Southern Division team each year, on a rotating basis. Will be interested to see how they configure the conference tournament and whether they’ll keep it in DC or look for alternate sites 

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

With DE, Hofstra, Monmouth and NE, the North, on paper, seems to me to be the stronger basketball division. I assume we’ll play a home & home with each team in our division and then play each team in the South 1X per season? That would be 19 conference games. I guess if they want to keep it at 18 you could just skip 1 Southern Division team each year, on a rotating basis. Will be interested to see how they configure the conference tournament and whether they’ll keep it in DC or look for alternate sites 

Right now I’d agree that’s it’s a bit better and deeper. Really no bad teams. All of the other caa fans seem to think it’s good for us since now we are in the north?? There’s gonna be a lot of empty seats on our division. As difficult as it is to win in trask and td, those are typically good environments and crowds. Even Wm has the next best crowd.

Just not a fan of playing everyone equally. The 10 team caa with travel partners was pretty good. 

6 hours ago, Blounge said:

I think it make sense for travel logistics to have local regions north/south. I can’t imagine the nightmare it must be for UMD to now have to coordinate playing UCLA in every sport. I hope the close proximity to the rival schools will create some regional rivalries and allow for more fans to travel to road games. I can’t say I’ve ever been to another CAA stadium other than Johnny U. Maybe it could make sense to have a bus coordinated to take students to away games at an affordable price

We used to have free buses that took students to games. I loved it. That was during West & Enders era.