• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Story on CAA expansion

10 hours ago, Blounge said:

Their facilities are apparently pretty nice and willing to spend, see below.  I don’t hate the addition. I hate the number of schools added. 
campbell seems to be the first athletics first school that was added. Stony Monmouth and the others are good academic schools.  The caa is just a large hodgepodge of schools that play and value many different sports over a fairly wide geographic area. The divisions are going to split eventually 

9 hours ago, mat1992 said:

He’s moved around a lot.  Hopefully he has his spending Under control. But he did think outside the box and was a great marketer of Towson 

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

+1

Leave to where? I’d like to go to the A-10, but they already have 15 basketball teams. Even if they were inclined to expand, would the A-10 want us?

Where would we go for football?

42 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Leave to where? I’d like to go to the A-10, but they already have 15 basketball teams. Even if they were inclined to expand, would the A-10 want us?

Where would we go for football?

No idea. There’s no fit out there. A10 would be nice but that’s a pipe dream. Charleston is ahead of us there.  
stay glued with Delaware and WM. Football is the issue and holding us back.

23 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

No idea. There’s no fit out there. A10 would be nice but that’s a pipe dream. Charleston is ahead of us there.  
stay glued with Delaware and WM. Football is the issue and holding us back.

Well, you kinda made my point for me. It’s all well and good to say we should leave the CAA, but it begs the question “where would we go”?

As far as the A-10, I tend to agree that’s probably not in the offing. I would think DE would be more attractive to the A-10 as well as C of C. W&M would seem to be a good candidate for the Patriot League, but I suspect they would see that as a step down, not in terms of academics but in terms of caliber or on field competition. 

For several reasons, not the least of which is travel costs, I can’t think of a good fit for us outside the CAA at this time. Who knows though. Maybe the new AD will formulate an alternative 

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Well, you kinda made my point for me. It’s all well and good to say we should leave the CAA, but it begs the question “where would we go”?

As far as the A-10, I tend to agree that’s probably not in the offing. I would think DE would be more attractive to the A-10 as well as C of C. W&M would seem to be a good candidate for the Patriot League, but I suspect they would see that as a step down, not in terms of academics but in terms of caliber or on field competition. 

For several reasons, not the least of which is travel costs, I can’t think of a good fit for us outside the CAA at this time. Who knows though. Maybe the new AD will formulate an alternative 

Delaware plays football So the a10 wouldn’t interested. Caa with 14 teams does not interest me at all. Too many teams with too many different agendas. Some are hockey school some are hoops. Some are co-op programs. Some are public schools. Others private. Now religious affiliated. Some play little league forkball some don’t sponsor football.  Just too many things going different ways