• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Towson/Delaware game suspended

57 minutes ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

When I first heard it I was like how does the roof leak in a brand new building? Seems like that was not the case but condensation? Still kind of hard to tell from the write-ups what the players actually slipped on.

Whoever is in charge of the building needs to get in touch with the court people and the builders ASAP. I'm assuming some type of insurance would pay to fix this unless it's just our floor mopping people are that incompetent and it was just a cleaning issue.

• Check the mopping/cleaning agent and process
  • What was the humidity/temp outside vs in? Call an HVAC expert before anyone else touches that court. WBB using the floor today is a bad idea. Hope no one gets hurt.
  • We are owed a full explanation for this not the lack of 'game suspended for unsafe conditions BS'. When I saw the twitters updates then nothing for like an hour I was concerned something way more serious happen. 
  • Use the TC until this gets sorted

A small part of me thinks this is TL's final revenge. Like when MW left we found out he drastically overspent on marketing and f-ed the dept financially. Is this the cause of TL trying to save money due to all the covid increases in costs and cutting budget on facilities? It would not shock me one bit. Regardless something is very wrong with Towson athletics culturally...and has been for years. Turning around the culture has to be the first priority of the new AD.  You have too many people working within the department that clearly don't give an f about trying to get Towson to reach our potential. New AD must root that out and I realize it very will be very hard at a public institution to fire people.

It’s like Charlie Brown and Lucy with the football. 

it’s been cold, warm, humid not humid etc before. This is year 10 of the arena and the first time it happened, so….

59 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

It is inexcusable and should not happen. I get that the point of message boards are to speculate and second-guess, but directing criticisms at specific areas without knowing all of the facts and basing them on people or parts of the department we might suspect is somewhat unfair. I would think we will get more information sometime soon, and we can direct our blame and comments once we have more information. 

The issue is we don't have more information so logically speculation will happen.

The real question is 'who does the buck stop with?'  Until that question is answered Towson will always be a circle of finger-pointing.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

21 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

it’s been cold, warm, humid not humid etc before. This is year 10 of the arena and the first time it happened, so….

Right, this does not happen without a failure in oversight. PS mentioned in his press conference the women's team has noted this issue before. 

22 minutes ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

Right, this does not happen without a failure in oversight. PS mentioned in his press conference the women's team has noted this issue before. 

Something isn’t adding up.

18 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

1,900 people caused that?  Humidity wasn’t that low yesterday.  Just a weird situation all around

4 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Also could the sun put a picture with an actual Towson team in the headline?!

Are you cereal? In terms of journalistic excellence, the Sun is one rung above the Safeway coupon circular 

• Haha 2