• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Hofstra II preview

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Lol.  Tonight against a full strength Hoftsra team is going to be tough. Probably the third toughest game on the year. 

We are three-point underdogs tonight, which makes sense. It is only the seventh time all year we have been underdogs:

at Pittsburgh -6
vs. San Francisco -13.5
vs. New Mexico -2.5
at Kent State -6.5 
at Ohio State -14
at Delaware -1.5

We were 2.5-point favorites in the first matchup. We were also 9.5-point favorites against UNC-Wilmington. Amazingly, UNC-W has been underdogs in six of its 9 conference games. In eight conference games, we were the only team to be favored over them. They lost as a 4-point favorite to UNC-W and as a 16.5-point favorite at William & Mary. 

I know not everyone cares about the gambling aspect of these games, but I found this interesting to look at to view the overall perception and performances based on expectations of Towson and Hofstra. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiger93 said:

We are three-point underdogs tonight, which makes sense. It is only the seventh time all year we have been underdogs:

at Pittsburgh -6
vs. San Francisco -13.5
vs. New Mexico -2.5
at Kent State -6.5 
at Ohio State -14
at Delaware -1.5

We were 2.5-point favorites in the first matchup. We were also 9.5-point favorites against UNC-Wilmington. Amazingly, UNC-W has been underdogs in six of its 9 conference games. In eight conference games, we were the only team to be favored over them. They lost as a 4-point favorite to UNC-W and as a 16.5-point favorite at William & Mary. 

I know not everyone cares about the gambling aspect of these games, but I found this interesting to look at to view the overall perception and performances based on expectations of Towson and Hofstra. 

What’s wild is Uncw is -1 against elon tonight. 

1 minute ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I’d rather be wrong than right.  Just don’t tell my fiancé that

I don’t know your fiancé, but she must be a saint to put up with you 😆. Just kidding; or am I 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1