• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Timberlake leads MBB to 78-68 win at Hofstra

19 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

Pretty good effort by a team playing for 2nd and going into a house of horrors.

8 true road wins this season and another situation where a previous team would have folded up the tents after Hofstra made that run at the beginning of the 2nd half.  Hopefully Nolan will be back real soon and Cam can either fully heal or get a more comfortable mask.  In the meantime, Hicks stepped up again and gave solid minutes and it seemed like these guys really needed those days off.  That first half they seemed incredibly fresh and they got back to moving the ball on offense the way they had been doing.  Now let's take care of the bottom feeder in Boston on Saturday and keep this bus rolling.

Ha ha ha.  Big night for the standings. It was a very good win and helps our run at the 2 seed!!

10 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Ha ha ha.  Big night for the standings. It was a very good win and helps our run at the 2 seed!!

1 seed isn’t out of the question!!!! 

1 hour ago, griggey20 said:

1 seed isn’t out of the question!!!! 

True. Two Thursdays from last night will go a long way in determining it

Edited by TuTigers2012

Free Throw Shooting always comes into play down the stretch and into the conference tournament…

AR 81%
Gibby 88%
NT 80%

Nolan 64% (less attempts)
Gray 86% (7-7 last night)

CT 56% (only 59 attempts on the season) 

Paar 66%
Hicks 66%

Cam 69% (Bane mask*) 

We kinda know who we want in the game at the very late stages then if possible. 

7 1/2 yet to play..  I still think Gibby has 2-3 more lights out from 3 🍛 like games left and yes he plays better with Nolan but remember he had 22 against William & Mary without Terry on the floor. 
Plenty of time to get Nolan back and into a groove and get that god damn Stark Industries Mask in the mail.  What is the tracking number Pat???

17-6 and I’m truly loving every moment of this ride as a long suffering Towson alum. Damas speaking to the team Wed night only adds to our special season.  

We are due 🕺

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was creeping on the Hofstra blogs to see what they had to say about the game.  

"Offensively, you cannot win games when you don't move the ball and don't move people, and when you're not shooting lights out and when you don't have guys who can score enough on their own. Towson plays together. They're a pleasure to watch. HU looks like its struggles for everything it gets. Way too much 1-on-1."

Can't say I've seen that written about a TU team in a long time. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BK_Brian said:

I was creeping on the Hofstra blogs to see what they had to say about the game.  

"Offensively, you cannot win games when you don't move the ball and don't move people, and when you're not shooting lights out and when you don't have guys who can score enough on their own. Towson plays together. They're a pleasure to watch. HU looks like its struggles for everything it gets. Way too much 1-on-1."

Can't say I've seen that written about a TU team in a long time. 

Actual praise from someone on the Hofstra board?  That's also a first.  For those that remember the old America East boards in the early 2000s, those people were relentless in beating us down (in typical NY arrogant fashion).  In some ways, our play deserved ridicule because we were pretty terrible but those idiots fans were adamant about kicking us out of the conference.  So any time we can beat them, and especially sweep them, it's a little extra special.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

Actual praise from someone on the Hofstra board?  That's also a first.  For those that remember the old America East boards in the early 2000s, those people were relentless in beating us down (in typical NY arrogant fashion).  In some ways, our play deserved ridicule because we were pretty terrible but those idiots fans were adamant about kicking us out of the conference.  So any time we can beat them, and especially sweep them, it's a little extra special.

I remember playing a soccer game up there in Hempstead and their fans while we were away from the field at halftime took Goalie Rich Pellegrino’s water bottle and filled it with beer unbeknownst to him