• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

A message from D.C.

Not sure what to make of this message.  There was really nothing said that was new or anyone that care or follow Towson sports did not already know.  It was almost as if someone just copied and pasted portions of each sports preview and review articles.  Obviously there is not that much he could say about the true future of the department as long as he has the interim tag in front of his title, but then again why bother with a "message"?

7 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Not sure what to make of this message.  There was really nothing said that was new or anyone that care or follow Towson sports did not already know.  It was almost as if someone just copied and pasted portions of each sports preview and review articles.  Obviously there is not that much he could say about the true future of the department as long as he has the interim tag in front of his title, but then again why bother with a "message"?

I dont think that message is for idiots like us who follow every move.  It's for the more casual person they're trying to convernt into idiots like us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

I dont think that message is for idiots like us who follow every move.  It's for the more casual person they're trying to convernt into idiots like us. 

Bingo!

Am I the only one that things that Dan should promote the team more often through social media?  For someone that I imagine wants to compete for this promotion, he does not seem to have much of a social media presence.  Waddell was a rabid advocate, including posting on this board as TU_Marketing (or similar to that).  It feels to me that Dan is missing an opportunity to show leadership.....

29 minutes ago, tu_fan said:

Am I the only one that things that Dan should promote the team more often through social media?  For someone that I imagine wants to compete for this promotion, he does not seem to have much of a social media presence.  Waddell was a rabid advocate, including posting on this board as TU_Marketing (or similar to that).  It feels to me that Dan is missing an opportunity to show leadership.....

Leonard didn't do much of that. I think Mike Gathagan does a nice job of promoting things on Twitter. That's more of his job than Dan's. I think Waddell was probably one of the first AD's to promote through social media. 

14 hours ago, tu_fan said:

This is such a difficult situation for Dan and the department as a whole that it is ahrd to imagine. As Interim, Dan has limited ability to go out on a limb. He is Interim at a time when the CAA has made itself a much weaker league by adding three team that no one really cares about. We will not draw one additional fan to SECU or Unitas Stadium by adding Stony Brook, Hampton and Monmouth. Most fans know that but it is hard to say that out loud. If Towson has any intention of being "Baltimore's College Team", the school needs to be a part of a conference that brings higher profile and more competitive teams here...year after year after year. If JMU from a one horse town of Harrisonburg, VCU from a smaller town and smaller TV Market of Richmond can move to more competitive conferences there is no reason to believe Towson can not do it with the correct leadership.....but that assumes that the goal is to be at a higher athletic level....a question that we can not answer at this point. 

I do think that this particular hire as AD will be the turning point in Towson Athletics for the foreseeable future. In my opinion, we need someone with Waddell's drive and foresight, but without his lunacy and lack of financial discipline, again, based on the ultimate goal of the university administration.

Just a few passing thoughts. 

• Like 5