• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Northeastern II preview

Don't want to take us to negative town because I feel good about this team, the way they are playing, and the matchup. However, I can't help but have bad flashbacks to our last really good team in 2013-14 losing to a 0-10 UNC-Wilmington game. I am pretty sure we won't take this one lightly, but I only bring this up because I think we can win the regular-season title this year and we only have room for maybe 2-3 more losses (obviously one is fairly likely with the continued Delaware game) if we want to do so. Let's avoid silly losses to teams we should beat.

We all know Bill Coen is a great coach, but they are 0-11 and we need to take care of business. Let's not have this happen.  

https://towsontigers.com/news/2014/2/11/Tigers_Have_Four_Game_Win_Streak_Snapped_at_UNCW.aspx

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

Don't want to take us to negative town because I feel good about this team, the way they are playing, and the matchup. However, I can't help but have bad flashbacks to our last really good team in 2013-14 losing to a 0-10 UNC-Wilmington game. I am pretty sure we won't take this one lightly, but I only bring this up because I think we can win the regular-season title this year and we only have room for maybe 2-3 more losses (obviously one is fairly likely with the continued Delaware game) if we want to do so. Let's avoid silly losses to teams we should beat.

We all know Bill Coen is a great coach, but they are 0-11 and we need to take care of business. Let's not have this happen.  

https://towsontigers.com/news/2014/2/11/Tigers_Have_Four_Game_Win_Streak_Snapped_at_UNCW.aspx

That game cost us the share of the regular season title.
14/15 wins will the regular season. There are 4 teams in the top tier.  Then one by themselves.  Then another 3 jumbled up And than NE

4 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

That game cost us the share of the regular season title.
14/15 wins will the regular season. There are 4 teams in the top tier.  Then one by themselves.  Then another 3 jumbled up And than NE

Booooooo!!!!  I think at this point we've demonstrated there are 2 teams in the top tier.  We've now defeated Hofstra by double digits twice.  We beat Del at their home and are only down 9 points with nearly an entire half remaining.  We lost to UNCW in OT.  Our only real blemish is the first loss to Drexel, in which we fell apart in the last minute of the game. 

Tier 2 is Hofstra, Delaware, and Drexel

Stop being a debbie downer about this team.  

28 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

If you look up the definition of “trap game” it would read, “see TU vs NE.” I would have preferred that NE had won a conference game by now. Hard to imagine they’re going to go 0-18. I’m confident PS will not have the team overlook NE, who probably aren’t as bad as their record would indicate (are they?) 

If 14 or 15 W’s is what it’s going to take to win the conference, we only have maybe 1 L to give (seeing as we’ll be spotting Delaware a 9 point lead when that game resumes). We can’t afford to waste one of those L’s tomorrow 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BK_Brian said:

Booooooo!!!!  I think at this point we've demonstrated there are 2 teams in the top tier.  We've now defeated Hofstra by double digits twice.  We beat Del at their home and are only down 9 points with nearly an entire half remaining.  We lost to UNCW in OT.  Our only real blemish is the first loss to Drexel, in which we fell apart in the last minute of the game. 

Tier 2 is Hofstra, Delaware, and Drexel

Stop being a debbie downer about this team.  

Hens are 6-4 and only go on the road for 2 ish and those are Elon and wm. To say that they can’t win it is just not true. For now they are in. It

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

If you look up the definition of “trap game” it would read, “see TU vs NE.” I would have preferred that NE had won a conference game by now. Hard to imagine they’re going to go 0-18. I’m confident PS will not have the team overlook NE, who probably aren’t as bad as their record would indicate (are they?) 

If 14 or 15 W’s is what it’s going to take to win the conference, we only have maybe 1 L to give (seeing as we’ll be spotting Delaware a 9 point lead when that game resumes). We can’t afford to waste one of those L’s tomorrow 

This. Thankfully it’s on the road. Ne isn’t as bad as the record. Lost a lot of close games and have been hurt by not having a point guard. 
Focus needs to be there tomorrow. We cannot turn the ball over like we have recently. It will be magnified by the lack of overall possessions in the game 

Agree with 2012. The top tier is UNCW, Towson and UD. Love that we have a shot at the regular season title. It’ll help keep us motivated for tomorrow. Hope we jump on them early and take away any confidence they have. It’s a tough place to play. 

AR not gonna shoot 1-8 from 3 tomorrow but that being said we need a big offensive game from our masked man who had 18 last time.  
11am tip here on the left coast.  I’ll be listening but I’ll feel a bit squeezed on the bandwagon as so many long suffering Towson State fans are coming out of the woodwork.  
I wore my Under Armour Towson Tigers long sleeve dry fit today only to have a Georgetown alum mock me and I simply retorted..  “Gonna be 11 straight come Sunday 🖕