• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB upset by winless Northeastern 58-53

3 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Why can I not comment on something without some a-hole remark from you? It's my own opinion. We sucked today. I wasn't using the Cam injuries and other stuff for losing to 0-11 NE. I was just talking about the overall picture. 

Yup. You were giving your excuse for the team. That’s your opinion and you did comment. 

this is a message board for a very flawed Athletics program, you wanting everyone to agree with you, isn’t going to happen, sorry

Hey guys, it’s a sports forum. If there aren’t arguments would TowsonFans be legit? Let’s not take things personal. I go back and forth with the fellas all the time, I expect the same here. 

That was a tough listen today.  But when your offense is predicated on hitting outside jumpers and those aren't falling, you're gonna lose.  It doesn't matter how good your defensive efforts are.  Allowing 58 points usually gets us on the winning end, though, the way that NE was getting those points was pretty frustrating.  Bottom line is that we've been running between the raindrops with Nolan out and not having Gibson as an off-the-ball guy to catch and shoot.  Gibson's foul trouble kept him off the floor and allowed NE to key more on Rizzuto and Timberlake.  It stinks that the cratering happened against a winless team (again) but better now than next month since we were overdue for one.  Regroup this week with the two home games and hope we can get back to 100% health.

• Like 1

I know I act like an idiot sometimes after losses and I do apologize to those out there when I take things too personally.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I know I act like an idiot sometimes after losses and I do apologize to those out there when I take things too personally.

Absolutely not. You are just a true loyal fan who wants the best for the Tiger programs. No need to apologize. Your efforts are appreciated. 

That being said, i do think this team is pretty good but not too much more than that and mediocre coaching does not help.

Edited by Tgr4life
additional information

2 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

Absolutely not. You are just a true loyal fan who wants the best for the Tiger programs. No need to apologize. Your efforts are appreciated. 

That being said, i do think this team is pretty good but not too much more than that and mediocre coaching does not help.

I couldn’t agree more. It if wasn’t for you Mat this site wouldn’t exist. Your passion for Towson inspIred me to fund and make this site. Appreciate you!!

I don’t comment that much during basketball season but I do read the chats and I have watched the team forever.  This one hurts because but for 1 – 15 we played well enough in every other area but 3 pt %.  If we are that cold after 30 minutes maybe we try and go to Thompson the rest of the game.  He has really worked on his game.  Every time he shoots I’m not sure and yet he proves he has really worked on his ability to be a real threat offensively.  We didn’t need much more to squeak this one out.  He may have been able to deliver.  Nevertheless, going 1 -15 is a crazy stat.  We need Nolan back to try and get a better match up for Gibby.  We are dangerous and can beat the really good teams when we have multiple threats from outside.  Without Gibby taking hardly any shots game after game we are a different team.

Mat goes above and beyond covering Towson sports and it is greatly appreciated.  This forum is good because we all don’t agree on various topics and the banter is enjoyable.  
We all know the situation and even I questioned if we are a jinxed program at times but I honestly believe we are gonna finish strong this season and make a case to win in DC.  Best thing we can do is support these college athletes and coaches and listen, watch or be in attendance this coming week.  
In addition..  no clue of the $$ situation but if I’m the Towson AD then I’m gonna buy a block of tickets for DC and ask Towson 🏀 alumni from close and far away to attend the games and really try to pump this team up. Damas spoke this week.  Love hearing Chuck on the radio..  more ex players the better I say.  
Good things happen to good people trying to do the right thing.  Pat Skerry is a class act and he’s gonna get it done for us.  

We are 17-7..  we are legit.   We pissed away a game and it happens at every level.  The team knows it.  
They will bounce back.  

A year ago at this time we were what 3-12 and dropped back to back games to Charleston.  Biekeu played 28 minutes in the double OT loss and he can’t get in the rotation this season.  We shot 3-18 from 3 in the second loss of that weekend.  

Not saying we will crush W&M this Thursday like we did last month however CT only played 21 minutes due to foul trouble.  We didn’t have Nolan that game. Nic & Gibby combined for 15-28 from the field.  We match up well against the Tribe. 

They will get some shots up this week and be ready come Thursday.  

This is a 20+ win team which a month ago many questioned even that and now look at us.  6 1/2 to play.  We will go 5-2 or better.  

It’s great that Charles is playing the best ball of his career and that if they can get Cam a clearer mask, he can be more effective as a shooter and passer. But ultimately it comes down to the guards. All five that play and if Nolan returns full time, I still think there is a role for Hicks. Especially against a guy like Phillips know of UNCW 

1 hour ago, omniland said:

I don’t comment that much during basketball season but I do read the chats and I have watched the team forever.  This one hurts because but for 1 – 15 we played well enough in every other area but 3 pt %.  If we are that cold after 30 minutes maybe we try and go to Thompson the rest of the game.  He has really worked on his game.  Every time he shoots I’m not sure and yet he proves he has really worked on his ability to be a real threat offensively.  We didn’t need much more to squeak this one out.  He may have been able to deliver.  Nevertheless, going 1 -15 is a crazy stat.  We need Nolan back to try and get a better match up for Gibby.  We are dangerous and can beat the really good teams when we have multiple threats from outside.  Without Gibby taking hardly any shots game after game we are a different team.

At some point, Nic has to realize it’s not his night from three point range. Has to drive and cut more and not take eight threes (not counting the last half court heave). But unfortunately we need him to give us 20 when you are getting very little from Gray, Rizzuto and Gibson.