• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Towson hires Steve Eigenbrot as new AD

https://ism3.infinityprosports.com/ismdata/2009031000/std-sitebuilder/sites/200901/www/en/features/index.html?article_id=699&content_type=printable&plugin_id=news.front.system&block_id=5001

Steve Eigenbrot joined the major gifts team at University of South Carolina in July 2010.  His responsibilities include soliciting major gift support for the Garnet Way Campaign, as well as cultivating members of the Gamecock Club toward involvement with the campaign and stewarding existing major gift donors.  Prior to joining the Gamecocks, Eigenbrot worked for over three years at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, where he served as the Director of Annual Giving for the Rebel Athletic Fund.  In addition to oversight of the annual fund, he was responsible for managing UNLV’s dealer car and gift-in-kind programs.  Eigenbrot also solicited gifts for a new basketball practice facility and a student-athlete academic services building.  Before UNLV, Eigenbrot worked in athletic development at Ohio University, managing volunteer fundraising activities and assisting in the launch of The Ohio Bobcat Club annual giving program.  A graduate of the University of Maryland, Eigenbrot earned a Masters of Business Administration and a Masters of Sports Administration from Ohio University.

• Like 2

I like the fact that he comes from the SEC where football is KING!!!! Let's hope he hits the ground running and takes TU to the promised land!

• Like 3

Welcome aboard to Steve and his family! Seems like a very qualified candidate on paper. Looking forward to hearing and seeing some of the ideas he brings with him. Hopefully, we can give him an early gift of NCAA Tournament berths for both men's and women's basketball. 

• Like 1

Cautiously optimistic that this will work out. A lot depends on who he adds to his staff and who he keeps around (there are good people who should stay). Will find out more tomorrow at the press conference.

2 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Cautiously optimistic that this will work out. A lot depends on who he adds to his staff and who he keeps around (there are good people who should stay). Will find out more tomorrow at the press conference.

I imagine he will keep a fair amount of people around in year one and figure it out from there. I am always suspicious of people who think they can come in, clean house and immediately understand what needs to be done. I know we are in a short-fix, win-now society, but I like my leaders to understand what they are doing before they make moves and there is no way to understand everything that goes on at Towson before you are in it.

I do look forward to having him digest what is going on, meet with new people, and start to figure out how he wants to do things. I am also interested in hearing the vision for our athletic program both now, and as he learns more about everything.

Are we close to hiring a new volleyball coach, or will he need to do that immediately?

Obviously, it will be extremely interesting to see what impact this has on the football program in the short-term and long-term. 

• Like 2