• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Towson hires Steve Eigenbrot as new AD

Just got back from the press conference. Dr. Steve Eigenbrot is definitely impressive. I think the perception is that this was a bit of a surprising move and that he was very impressive in the interviews. Even if he's extremely ambitious, that's a good thing for us in the short and long term. I think when TL took over, he was hoping for a change and not a lot took place. The practice fields and the soccer stadium are nice, but that's just the start. Improved facilities, indoor practice fields, funding all sports, cost of attendance for football are things needed to not just compete but win the CAA. If that doesn't happen under a young AD (and I'm sure he took this job knowing that he will get most of these things), then what's the point of having a D-1 athletic program? 

We also need another option next season if Flo Sports continues coverage and I assume they have one year left as was mentioned before. If we need to pay to get on TV, even MASN, NBC Sports Washington, or any other smaller national or regional channel, we need to do it to get our games on free TV. Steve Eigenbrot will have a lot on his plate, but every new AD is going to have issues, especially at the mid-major level. 

There are a few quotes that were interesting. I will try and get them later or post something I see online. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Just got back from the press conference. Dr. Steve Eigenbrot is definitely impressive. I think the perception is that this was a bit of a surprising move and that he was very impressive in the interviews. Even if he's extremely ambitious, that's a good thing for us in the short and long term. I think when TL took over, he was hoping for a change and not a lot took place. The practice fields and the soccer stadium are nice, but that's just the start. Improved facilities, indoor practice fields, funding all sports, cost of attendance for football are things needed to not just compete but win the CAA. If that doesn't happen under a young AD (and I'm sure he took this job knowing that he will get most of these things), then what's the point of having a D-1 athletic program? 

We also need another option next season if Flo Sports continues coverage and I assume they have one year left as was mentioned before. If we need to pay to get on TV, even MASN, NBC Sports Washington, or any other smaller national or regional channel, we need to do it to get our games on free TV. Steve Eigenbrot will have a lot on his plate, but every new AD is going to have issues, especially at the mid-major level. 

There are a few quotes that were interesting. I will try and get them later or post something I see online. 

assuming it wasnt recorded anywhere? Didnt see any links or anything

Good start, someone needs to work on the pronunciation of Towson with him as I sensed a few Towsens in there but I have seen worse introductory press conferences before in my life!  Mat thanks for getting the TV/streaming question in there.

Just watched the presser online. He seems very earnest and engaging. I didn’t expect him to get into any specifics today, given that he’s been on the job for like 8 seconds. I remain cautiously optimistic and am anxious to see and hear what his long term plans are, once he gets acclimated