• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB comes back to beat Charleston on the road 80-77

3 hours ago, omniland said:

You can't pack an arena when you still have a policy of wearing a mask at all times.  Few want to watch a game wearing a mask

Let’s not pretend like masks are the reason we can’t pack the arena….. lol

• Like 4

Agree to the mask comment. Same attendance thing we have dealt with for 15 years. 

Great grind out win. In prior years we lose this game. Glad to see us pull it out. 

21 wins!!!   I’m only looking at the positives.   19-32 from the charity stripe..   shhhh.   Ok gotta fix that before DC.  

I want to thank the players for this season and I want to give Pat Skerry a hug after his postgame chat with Spiro yesterday.  We had some luck on our side yesterday and Pat didn’t make all the right decisions and he admitted it.   Truly refreshing in my opinion. We’ve beat this man up for years+ and now we need to praise him for a great job.  Again if you listened to the postgame you’ll understand what I mean..  he understands our frustrations as fans and I think he’s really evolved as a head coach this season.   CD was spot on..  we all had given up thinking not our day and yet these guys..  our guys.. found a way to steal this road win. 
Speaking of steals as Mat alluded to..  7 combined for Cam & Terry!!

3 left and then DC…  we take care of business and this will be the most rewardable season for myself since becoming a Tiger fan in the 91-92’ season.

Again think back to the Jan 3rd Drexel Game and fast forward to now…  what a ride!

Name me another player in college basketball that has played with a broken jaw and mask and more importantly given us the production Cam Holden has…  not one of us on this board thought he’d play through it and in my humble opinion he has set the tone for this great season!

The fans who show up February 28th are the diehards..  win or lose..  give these players a standing ovation 👏 before they head off to DC..   walk down to the floor and congratulate the coaching staff.

• Like 1

You guys are just in denial if you think the mandatory mask policy and the fact that Towson security has a strong history of harassing enforcement of all rules, i.e. football tailgating.  If Charleston or Wilmington have a mask policy obviously they did not enforce it.  Towson is all about enforcing rules.  I took my laptop over to a house yesterday and got the entire group interested in the game.  No one at the house though wants any part of going to an arena and having to wear a mask.    If Towson would be lenient about the masks no one experienced with going to Towson sporting events would believe it.      

18 minutes ago, omniland said:

You guys are just in denial if you think the mandatory mask policy and the fact that Towson security has a strong history of harassing enforcement of all rules, i.e. football tailgating.  If Charleston or Wilmington have a mask policy obviously they did not enforce it.  Towson is all about enforcing rules.  I took my laptop over to a house yesterday and got the entire group interested in the game.  No one at the house though wants any part of going to an arena and having to wear a mask.    If Towson would be lenient about the masks no one experienced with going to Towson sporting events would believe it.      

Eh. Once you get in the arena and to your seat you’re fine. I don’t like it anymore than anyone else but you can work around it. People sitting court-side don’t wear it. Just bring a bottle of water around with you.

I saw uncw fans in Hawaiian shirts yesterday. When the Orioles have their Hawaiian shirt giveaway it’s always the highest attended game of the year. Maybe marketing needs to look into making a towson Hawaiian shirt for a promo. Also, the bucket hat night at Camden yard draws a crowd. Cc: dr. E take a note out of the Orioles playbook!

22 minutes ago, Blounge said:

looks like tensions are high all over college basketball not just JMU/UNCW

He’s gone. Can’t do this in 2022 and besides that although Lunardi says 9 teams from the Big Ten..  Michigan is really on the bubble and this gives them a chance to dump a Fab Five guy who never won when he played for Michigan.  
Chaney-Calipari fight wouldn’t have been a hand slap now.  

8 hours ago, TuTiger10 said:

Agree to the mask comment. Same attendance thing we have dealt with for 15 years. 

Great grind out win. In prior years we lose this game. Glad to see us pull it out. 

Waddell packed a couple of bball games. I was apart of the staff that helped him do so. We were responsible for the football sellouts as well. The guy definitely had the formula, we just followed. Marketing director was a beast too, need to give him a call and bring him back. It’s absolutely possible.

• Thanks 2