• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB romps over JMU again in the last FULL game of the regular season

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=369239

Nicolas Timberlake scored 25 points on 7-of-10 from three-point range to lead Towson to an easy 95-59 win over JMU at Harrisonburg on Saturday. Cam Holden added 12 points and 13 rebounds, while Antonio Rizzuto chipped in with 14 points. The Tigers shot 53% from the field and 56% (14-25) from beyond the arc. They also added 22 assists and just 12 turnovers. Terry Nolan Jr. led with six assists and no turnovers in 19 minutes. Towson also won the battle of the boards for the second straight game 44-25. 

Towson led this game from the jump as they were up by 24 at the half. After a brief run by the Dukes to start the second half and with Charles Thompson picking up his third foul early in the second half, the lead was 53-32. Towson went on an 11-0 run and shortly afterwards, the bench began to empty.

This was the last game for JMU, who will be off to the Sun Belt next season and is ineligible to play in the CAA Tournament.

At 23-7 and 14-3 in the CAA, Towson will face Delaware on Monday to resume the 18:42 left of the suspended game at SECU Arena at 6pm.

Here is PS after the game on TSN:

"It's as well as we've played all year. We shot it, rebounded, guarded. Cam came to play. Paar was really good. Timberlake. Great team win. Edwards is really good.

"They had a tremendous crowd. It's really hard. I lived this my second year, not having postseason. (The 18 win season)"

"Monday night for all the marbles. Will have to put our gameplan together against a good Delaware team. We tried to get some guys out.

"Strange situation. Hopefully, it goes our way. Then prepare for the tournament. Need to beat them by 10 in the last 18:42."

Does Delaware have anything, besides pride, to play for Monday? They can’t move up in the standings, even if they win. If they lose, they’d have the same record (10-8) as Drexel, and they split with Drexel. 

Just now, TuTigers2012 said:

Uncw celebrating their regular season championship. Let’s go get ours.  

What are they celebrating? If we W Monday, we’re the regular season champ 

2 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

What are they celebrating? If we W Monday, we’re the regular season champ 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we're both regular season champions.  We just get the #1 seed for CAA b/c of our record against Hofstra.

Edited by BK_Brian

Just now, BK_Brian said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we're both regular season champions.  We just get the #1 seed for CAA b/c of our record against Hofstra.

Assuming we beat Delaware

1 minute ago, BK_Brian said:

Does that mean both of us go to the NIT, if neither school wins the CAA tournament?🤔

5 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

What does “keep doing your doing” mean?🤔

Edited by TSU88