• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
sr16

YOUR CAA REGULAR SEASON CHAMPIONS

The turnaround tigers, Pat's cats, the underdogs picked to finish 8th in the conference went out and dominated our rivals today! So happy for everyone involved. Long time coming, long journey to get here. Enjoy this for the next few days but there could be even bigger celebrations to come...stay tuned

• Like 1

It's been such a LONG time since we've had this level of excitement for Towson MBb! I can hardly believe the way this 2021-22 team is playing, winging the ball around like I've never seen at Towson! No more being orientated on solo offensive efforts - FINALLY we have a team that anticipates the ball, that can pass and catch and shoot unselfishly, and with a near telepathic coördination! In the last 5 games, itz like watching men against boys. Down by 8, they scored 20 points more than UDel in 18.5 mins. I cannot applaud the team and Skerry & staff loudly or long enough!

• Like 2

What a great way to clinch the regular season title-at home, versus DE and under adverse circumstances, spotting them a 9-point lead. We were a tidal wave tonight, that washed the Hens away like a sandcastle gets washed away by the tide.

In retrospect, that 1st game up in Albany was an indication this team was different than past Skerry teams. The ball movement & 3-point shooting, combined with Charles Thompson’s coming out party, set this team apart. Not to mention being road warriors, going 7-2 in the conference on the road, including running UNCW out of their own house.

I have not hesitated to criticize Skerry over the years, but I couldn’t be happier for him, the staff, the players (past and present) and all of us long suffering alum fans. Hats off to Skerry, and I’m damn proud to be a Tiger tonight.

HOW BOUT THEM TIGERS!!!

• Like 4

Saturday February 5th was the turning point for this team and all of our fan base. 

We shoot 1-15 from 3 and allow Northeastern to get their first conference win.  And I said that same day..  only a bump in the road this time..  not the sinkhole like previous seasons before.  

We go on to win the last 6 games after. 

Pat Skerry and staff deserve a ton of credit.  11th season and although we have a lot of talent I think he did a great job coaching it up this regular season.  

Now we need 3 more to really make this a stellar season but I’m elated right now with a 24-7 record and fellow alum who have always mocked our basketball program and are forced to pay their respects now.  

Good things tend to happen to good people and Pat Skerry is one of the good guys in college basketball.  

• Like 1

Happy for Pat. He weathered the storm. To have a team with so many first time Tigers and have this much chemistry is a credit to the coaching staff. Now let’s close it out. 

Let me add my congratulaitons to Pat, team and athletic department.   What a fanstastic year, that honestly I dont' think even the most optimistic could have predicted back in November.

I have unfortunately been unable to cover the team since January of last year due to health concerns that will still prevent me from attending the CAA Tournament, and that just kills me.   Having covered this team since Pat's first year, I can't say how happy I am for him.   He has been through some really challenging times the past few years, but as I told him in a text last night, "tough times don't last, but tough people do"

I have watched many of the game this year and actually listened to last nights 2nd half online, just so I could hear Spiros call. I don't care what other fan bases said, Spiro did great and certainy deserves the right to show his enthusiasm. 

So many have said all the thngs that make this team so good and potentially so special. They have to win three games next week in DC, I really like its chances.  And I'll just say this. This team is more talented than the 2019 UMBC team that upset UVA in the NCAA 1st round.  I covered every home game of that team, and they were good.  But this Towson team is deeper and has more overal talent 

They will be fun to watch for sure next week and beyond.  Even if I'm having to watch it from home

I hope anyone that can make it to DC does, this team deserves al the suppor that the Towson base can give it.

Edited by bucketsandbirds
  • Like 2