• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
sr16

YOUR CAA REGULAR SEASON CHAMPIONS

4 minutes ago, bucketsandbirds said:

Let me add my congratulaitons to Pat, team and athletic department.   What a fanstastic year, that honestly I dont' think even the most optimistic could have predicted back in November.

I have unfortunately been unable to cover the team since January of last year due to health concerns that will still prevent me from attending the CAA Tournament, and that just kills me.   Having coered this team since Pat's first year, I can't say how happy I am for him.   He has been through some tough times the past few years, but as I told him in a text last night, "tough times don't last, but tough people do"

I have watched many of the game this year and actually listened to last nights 2nd half online, just so I could hear Spiros call. I don't care what other fan bases said, Spiro did great and certainy deserves the righ to show his enthusiasm. 

So many have said all the thngs that make this team so good and potentially so special.  They have to win three games next week in DC, I really like their chances.  And I'll just say this.  This team is more talented than the 2019 UMBC team that upset UVA in the NCAA 1st round.  I covered every home game of that team, and they were good.  But this Towson team is deeper and has more overal talent 

They will be fun to watch for sure next week and beyond.  Even if I'm having to watch it from home

I hope anyone that can make it to DC does, this team deserves al the suppor that the Towson base can give it.

Best post in a long time.  Appreciated

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bay Area Tiger said:

Best post in a long time.  Appreciated

Thanks, and actually my first post in a long time.  Being forced to be away from the action for so long, kinda reuslted in me not posting the past year, but I have followed them closely this year.  Back in January when I was speaking to a media member from another school about the upcoming conference season, I told him this team is "differen't than any other Towson team we've seen in the Skerry era.  We went though all the things that make them better, such as the unselfishness, ball movement, shooting...and yes coahcing.   I didn't predict them to win it at that time, but told him they would definitely be a factor if they stayed healthy. 

This group deserves a tremendous amount of credit. I am not there game-to-game, but this seems like a really selfless group of players. When you get talented players who all buy into the same vision the sky is the limit. It is really impressive how quickly these guys got on the same page considering all of the COVID disruptions and the fact that a good chunk of this group is returning payers being thrown in with accomplished transfers. Sometimes that can get territorial, but Skerry and the players deserve credit for buying in right away. I suppose it is easier when you are trying to erase the bitter taste of last season. 

I do also think this year Skerry evolved as a coach. I do feel like he has recruited talent players and coached effort at a pretty good level throughout his time here. However, this year the offense has been free-flowing and not overly-reliant on any one player. He has also adjusted, changed tactics and taken the blame when things haven't gone right this year. What struck me in the postgame interview yesterday is how comfortable he seems in his shoes. It really feels like he took some of the past criticism to heart and adjusted this year. Time will tell if that is the case long-term, but this team and Skerry have been really easy to root for and they deserve to make it to tournament to get a chance to show everyone what they can do on a bigger stage. 

• Like 3

What a proud day it is. I’m wearing my Towson Tigers hat and just reflecting on my time there from 91-96’ and just so many fond memories of the campus and sports teams.  This team and coaching staff really has given us a fun ride and more to come.  

Props to Mat for being consistent with this message board..  I slipped away at times in the past..  Always following but not posting with raising kids etc.

Now I want to 🕺 but I’d also love to purchase a CAA Regular Season Champs shirt to wear to Greenville, Buffalo, San Diego, Portland, Fort Worth, Milwaukee or Pittsburgh..  please no Dayton as need more time to plan trip.   

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

What a proud day it is. I’m wearing my Towson Tigers hat and just reflecting on my time there from 91-96’ and just so many fond memories of the campus and sports teams.  This team and coaching staff really has given us a fun ride and more to come.  

Props to Mat for being consistent with this message board..  I slipped away at times in the past..  Always following but not posting with raising kids etc.

Now I want to 🕺 but I’d also love to purchase a CAA Regular Season Champs shirt to wear to Greenville, Buffalo, San Diego, Portland, Fort Worth, Milwaukee or Pittsburgh..  please no Dayton as need more time to plan trip.   

The beers are cheap in Dayton, Ohio! You can also purchase a house there for about 50k...wild.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bucketsandbirds said:

Thanks, and actually my first post in a long time.  Being forced to be away from the action for so long, kinda reuslted in me not posting the past year, but I have followed them closely this year.  Back in January when I was speaking to a media member from another school about the upcoming conference season, I told him this team is "differen't than any other Towson team we've seen in the Skerry era.  We went though all the things that make them better, such as the unselfishness, ball movement, shooting...and yes coahcing.   I didn't predict them to win it at that time, but told him they would definitely be a factor if they stayed healthy. 

Hope things are going better RC. It's been a lonely press row at most of the games.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Hope things are going better RC. It's been a lonely press row at most of the games.

Thanks Mat, definitely better than last year, and getting there.  I sure missed coming out this year.  

3 hours ago, Blounge said:

The beers are cheap in Dayton, Ohio! You can also purchase a house there for about 50k...wild.

The only way they'd go to Dayton is if they were one of the last 4 at large teams to be selected.   Which we al know an at large isn't going to happen.  The other 4 spots are the 4 lowest AQ winners, and as the No. 1 seed inthe No. 12 conference, that diefintiely wouldn't be them. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, El Tigre Oro said:

I think we'll all be W&M fans on Saturday. 

I feel like a revenge game against NE wouldnt be too bad. 

• Like 1