• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

CAA Tournament Thread

I can't understand how Hofstra had so few wins with the talent / shooters / athletes they have.  claxton has to get them to play better D.....Will be a real rock fight between UNCW and C of C 

45 minutes ago, tu_fan said:

I can't understand how Hofstra had so few wins with the talent / shooters / athletes they have.  claxton has to get them to play better D.....Will be a real rock fight between UNCW and C of C 

They did win 21 games. But sure, you have to play some defense to win. Everyone on this board wanted shooters, but I'm sure with the combination of D. It's tough to have a balance of both. I think they had some terrible losses this season and it came back to bite them. The 81-55 loss at home to Elon was the biggest shocker.

Then they beat Charleston by just five on Monday in a game that shouldn't have really mattered. Estrada, Ray and Silverio played 35+ minutes. Why? They were locked into the third seed. 

For some reason, Speedy couldn't always get this team to play and Kelsey, as much as a nut as he is and is wound tight as his shirts, can really coach. 

9 hours ago, tu_fan said:

Effort. They don’t play great d. When they go zone it’s even easier to shoot against them. 

Caa needs to get back to fri-mon for the tourney. I know cbs sports dictates but we can’t play 4 games on a Sunday. When the last one started 845pm.  All day Saturday works a lot better and would get a good bit more people out. Instead of a 6pm. Game tonight… it should be 7 ok championship 

8 hours ago, sr16 said:

How's everyone feeling about the semifinal

Nervous haha. Hens are talented and have a bunch of older guys. Getting Davis in foul trouble early will be very important. That’s going to be difficult if we are chucking up threes without a real infuse presence. Might need a guy or two to take a couple of bumps and a charge from him. 

8 hours ago, sr16 said:

How's everyone feeling about the semifinal

About as torn up as I was for the quarterfinal.  This is why ‘expectations’ sucks.  I’d feel much better if Thompson was 100% because his presence opens up everything.  Need a faster start and that will be achieved by getting into the paint early and working out rather than housting 3’s to start the game like yesterday. 

• Like 1

I feel better about Udel than I did NE. Cohen teams are pests that never go away, always give us fits. I think maybe we got some of the jitters out. No CT would change things a lot but I think if our shooters can get into a rhythm, we stand a good chance. If both Gibson and Timberlake get hot, we should win. 

This is a mature team that has played a lot of college basketball. Somebody else needs to step up. Parfait couldn’t hit a shot yesterday but today he could be good for 10 buckets. Prime time parr found the hoop when we needed it most on Sunday. Cam and terry will always find a way to produce. If good Nick AND good Jason show up tonight it could be raining 3’s on a beautiful sunny 80 degree spring day in DC. Charlie Thompson is as tough as they come so he might be able to play meaningful minutes tonight. Hope he doesn't overdue it if he's truly not ready to be back out on the floor. Guy has been having a sensational run this season. We played a lot of the out if conference schedule missing certain guys so they are used to finding a way to win with what they have. Gotta play with the cards your dealt with. Can't wait for too off!

6 minutes ago, Blounge said:

This is a mature team that has played a lot of college basketball. Somebody else needs to step up. Parfait couldn’t hit a shot yesterday but today he could be good for 10 buckets. Prime time parr found the hoop when we needed it most on Sunday. Cam and terry will always find a way to produce. If good Nick AND good Jason show up tonight it could be raining 3’s on a beautiful sunny 80 degree spring day in DC. Charlie Thompson is as tough as they come so he might be able to play meaningful minutes tonight. Hope he doesn't overdue it if he's truly not ready to be back out on the floor. Guy has been having a sensational run this season. We played a lot of the out if conference schedule missing certain guys so they are used to finding a way to win with what they have. Gotta play with the cards your dealt with. Can't wait for too off!

Parfait? He’s eligible to play?! Hahah. 
Gibson has been in a shooting rut for a while.  Really need him to get out of that asap