• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
sr16

Pain...

1 minute ago, griggey20 said:

Our all conference players went 11-34 from the field. We ran sets for open shots and they didn’t fall. Our PG who we praised for making the right plays and having a good assist to TO ratio went 0-6 with 4 TO and 1 assist. 

Credit to Delaware for putting the pressure on is early but the players flat out choked. We got their best players in foul trouble and cut the lead to 2. If my memory serves me correctly we had 3 wide open 3s and 2 layups in front of the rim. It’s on them. They didn’t make the plays. 

I like this team as much as anyone but not one of them stepped up when we needed it. Whether it was a rebound, steal, made shot or any of the above. Kevin Anderson has the biggest balls on the court tonight and he sent us packing. Stop with the BS excuses and finger pointing at anything other than it was.

I know most of you want skerry out but he wasn’t the problem tonight. Get a clue. 

Yawn. coaches get the blame with the praise sorry. 172-172. So be longest tenured coach in league no big wins when it counts 
Watching 5th year program players beat our ass tonight and a bunch of freshman at Charleston and old juniors and seniors at Uncw play to go to the finals. 

Well I kind of predicted we would lose again in the first or second round so not entirely bummed about it. Been a big critic of Skerry ball in the past but can’t say nothing really bad about him this season. Remarkable turnaround from last year and tied for the regular season title. Give kudos when it’s due. Yes, they started slow these past two games and continued the trend of past teams. But man, no one expected the team to do what they did this season. On to the NIT where maybe we can get a win…

2 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

Our all conference players went 11-34 from the field. We ran sets for open shots and they didn’t fall. Our PG who we praised for making the right plays and having a good assist to TO ratio went 0-6 with 4 TO and 1 assist. 

Credit to Delaware for putting the pressure on is early but the players flat out choked. We got their best players in foul trouble and cut the lead to 2. If my memory serves me correctly we had 3 wide open 3s and 2 layups in front of the rim. It’s on them. They didn’t make the plays. 

I like this team as much as anyone but not one of them stepped up when we needed it. Whether it was a rebound, steal, made shot or any of the above. Kevin Anderson has the biggest balls on the court tonight and he sent us packing. Stop with the BS excuses and finger pointing at anything other than it was.

I know most of you want skerry out but he wasn’t the problem tonight. Get a clue. 

Players didn’t play well tonight but it is weird that even good skerry teams always seems to not play well when the pressure is on (in the tourney). And those teams have had different players each time but same results every time. He has done good for this program but his teams seem to choke when tourney time comes. Coaching plays a part in that. 

Will be interesting to see how this team shows up for the NIT. Do they fold or do they fight. Will say a lot about the teams character…

3 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

You can't reason with stupid.  The best feature on this board is the ignore link so now I don't have to read it anymore unless someone quotes it.  And then I have to scroll past it.

You've got it right.  Basketball happened tonight.  The other team is on scholarship too and they made the plays that we usually do.  That's life in a 1-bid league -- one bad night as a 1-seed and you're off to the NIT.  We can ask Texas State about that after their no-show as a 1 in the Sun Belt.  If not for a miracle, Chattanooga would have been seeking the same answers as to why.  

• Like 1

Just now, tualum said:

Well I kind of predicted we would lose again in the first or second round so not entirely bummed about it. Been a big critic of Skerry ball in the past but can’t say nothing really bad about him this season. Remarkable turnaround from last year and tied for the regular season title. Give kudos when it’s due. Yes, they started slow these past two games and continued the trend of past teams. But man, no one expected the team to do what they did this season. On to the NIT where maybe we can get a win…

We have the core of Gibby, Nic and CT coming back.   I’m hoping some transfers will want to join these guys and we make another run.  

1 minute ago, TowsonTiger11 said:

Players didn’t play well tonight but it is weird that even good skerry teams always seems to not play well when the pressure is on (in the tourney). And those teams have had different players each time but same results every time. He has done good for this program but his teams seem to choke when tourney time comes. Coaching plays a part in that. 

Will be interesting to see how this team shows up for the NIT. Do they fold or do they fight. Will say a lot about the teams character…

That is a great point. The mindset of players going into big games can make a big difference I assume

1 minute ago, TowsonTiger11 said:

Please enlighten the masses on how coaching plays a part in wide open shots not going down and open layups being missed.  I'll hang up and listen...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris Datres said:

Please enlighten the masses on how coaching plays a part in wide open shots not going down and open layups being missed.  I'll hang up and listen...

Without knowing what he says to players and gets them either loose or tight for a big game, that can not be answered....

2 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

You can't reason with stupid.  The best feature on this board is the ignore link so now I don't have to read it anymore unless someone quotes it.  And then I have to scroll past it.

You've got it right.  Basketball happened tonight.  The other team is on scholarship too and they made the plays that we usually do.  That's life in a 1-bid league -- one bad night as a 1-seed and you're off to the NIT.  We can ask Texas State about that after their no-show as a 1 in the Sun Belt.  If not for a miracle, Chattanooga would have been seeking the same answers as to why.  

I know your ok with Towson losing, that’s been noted. And you probably blocked me too. But can anyone verify that datres and griggey aren’t the same person???

2 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

Start of that game and the NE game weren’t shots going down. It was coming out flat and not playing good D which is what this coach hangs his hat on.