• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
sr16

Pain...

34 minutes ago, sr16 said:

Hopefully we can get a home NIT game. Is that even possible?

Only shot is if we get Dayton. They are hosting NCAA Tourney and First 4 on their home Court and will have to travel as the higher seed.

Jmu, drexel want their coach gone. Elon’s is skating on thin ice. Coen goes 10-21 again next year he is gone. Hoftsra fans livid with speedys bad season and all that talent.

But we should just take it and be happy as the punching  bag of the league?? GTFO

1 minute ago, TowsonTiger11 said:

If it is all on the players why even have a coach? Just save that $$ and have no coach. You obviously believe they serve no purpose

They serve plenty of a purpose.  But you can say whatever you want in a timeout, in a practice, in a walk-through, in the locker room pregame until you're blue in the face and that's not going to automatically cause layups to drop and 3's to fall.  I'm sorry that I'm not buying whatever you're selling.  The scheme on offense was the best we've ever seen under Skerry and I cautioned about it in a past post from weeks ago that when you live by the outside shot, you're also going to die by it.  

1 minute ago, Chris Datres said:

He has all season.  If there were lineup decisions that didn't work in certain situations or gameplanning with defenses, presses, etc, then I'd certainly question those strategies.  Nobody had it tonight and that's not anyone's fault -- not a coach, not a player, not an official.  If Curry has a crap game in a season-ending playoff loss, are you going after Steve Kerr?  Oh wait, he's won a championship so that's likely a bad example.  But it also shows how much of a fallacy that argument is.  If you want to cite past tournament history, that won't work either because it's always different players.  

Correct different players. But same results. One constant? U can guess that answer…… 

This team this year outperformed all expectations and I am extremely proud of them and happy to be a Towson fan. Don’t want my criticism of skerry to overshadow that

Did Pat recruit and bring in these players? Knowing what they can do well and what they can’t?  These players didn’t get put into his huddle by someone’ else. He chose them. He won a lot with them and lost when it counted with them. 

2vs3

3 vs 6 2 times 

1 vs 5. Amongst other closely seeded losses. Numbers and records matter 

1 minute ago, TowsonTiger11 said:

Correct different players. But same results. One constant? U can guess that answer…… 

This team this year outperformed all expectations and I am extremely proud of them and happy to be a Towson fan. Don’t want my criticism of skerry to overshadow that

Like I said, it's been warranted in the past and I criticized him plenty in my end-of-season post last year.  He changed things around in the offseason and found players and a new scheme that worked.  His challenge will be to do the same thing for '22-'23 but newsflash, that's every coach, especially in this transfer portal era.

8 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

Like I said, it's been warranted in the past and I criticized him plenty in my end-of-season post last year.  He changed things around in the offseason and found players and a new scheme that worked.  His challenge will be to do the same thing for '22-'23 but newsflash, that's every coach, especially in this transfer portal era.

It was a good season, just very disappointing end and an uncharacteristic end when u look at how the team played all year. Unfortunately Skerry is starting to earn the reputation of a coach who can’t get his team over the hump. Hope he can change that but so far no so good. 

• Like 1

You can talk x's and o's all you want, but that's not why they lost tonight. Pat probably coached his best season overall. In a lot of ways, this team overachieved. He coached these guys up to a point and whether it was fatigue, injuries or lack of talent, they didn't get it done. In a lot of ways, Delaware underachieved most of the season until now. They have the best seven players in the league. They have good guard play and guys that can get their own shot. More on another post.

52 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

You can’t with these 90s Guys. So we are in a huge rebuild next year. Lose about 4-6 players. 4-5 new teams. “Just need to gel and grt comfortable. Love these guys. Best group I’ve ever been around”

Huh? Huge rebuild. WTF are you talking about?